Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

561 - 570 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Nice one 👍
I haven’t been on here for a while, I used to get an email notification when anybody put a post on here but for some reason that has stopped 🤦‍♂️
I will have a go at this 👍
Let us know how you get on. The unused pins from the APIM lead work great.

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is all great information! I’m just waiting until I get the rest of the work done before I really tackle the NON oem APIM pins. I may just splice in an OEM pigtail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I found the pins are slightly different on just about every connector but the APIM pins will fit the small screen plug with some slight adjustment as they are just a tiny bit too big but fit in the holder really well. As you are going to sync 3 getting a plug to fit the media hub is easily available.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aside from ironing out some of the programming, I lost Sirius somehow while messing with the APIM, I have steering wheel buttons left to do.
I’m going to go ahead and hack the dash to fit the parts.
Future: I’m waiting on a local pick-n-pull to have a dash to make it clean but no rush.
I just spent some money on new dampers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
On the cd player connector I found that JST 2.54mm pitch female pins are a perfect fit. I bought a kit from Amazon but the connectors are tiny and not very good quality. I soldered 2 x 6" wires to the existing pins and tested. All ok and then used another cable connector so the cover can easily be removed if needs be.

@Built25 - We don't have Sirius over here for our radio. Our sync sheet shows Data Link taken from pins 6 and 12 from the small screen but those are the rear camera pins so I assume that is wrong. Mine didn't have a rear camera so there were no wires in 6 and 12.

Airborne Ape's Map of insanity shows the sirius connections but I found his spreadsheet confusing and there are errors on it. For example he has Sirius + and - going to the same pin. I ignored it when doing my upgrade and went off what andspenka gave me.

I can send you airborne ape's sheet if you wish. The G2Fusion site may be able to help more on the Sirius side.

A bit of light reading lol.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Let there be light 💡

Thanks goes to @smartguy69 for figuring this out 👍🏻

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Let there be light 💡

View attachment 5515

Thanks goes to @smartguy69 for figuring this out 👍🏻
I am extremely glad that I could be of assistance.

Wired mine up today as well and thought I had better fix my screen in properly as it was held in place by glazing tape. It was secure enough and I had a bit of trimming to do to make the radio panel fit better. Trying to make it something like original. Made up some brackets which fasten to the cd bracket which come down and pick up in the locating pin and top mounting on the screen brackets. I should be able to secure the top mounting of the radio panel to these. Bottom part of the bracket is in a slot on the original plastic. Looks ok. Pictures of finished work coming soon.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Trying to make it something like original. Made up some brackets which fasten to the cd bracket which come down and pick up in the locating pin and top mounting on the screen brackets. I should be able to secure the top mounting of the radio panel to these.
Yeah, that's similar to what I did. Top top cover does clip over the radio panel and keep it in place.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yeah, that's similar to what I did. Top top cover does clip over the radio panel and keep it in place.
Thanks Andrew, I did notice the top cover clips into it which itself is screwed down. I may not bother with the top mounting on the radio panel as I did notice if I applied any pressure there it would just pop up a little bit at the bottom which I don't want. You would think it would have a clip there.

561 - 570 of 570 Posts