Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my name is Martin and I´m from german.
My english is not the best, but i would like to do my best.
I have a Kuga from 2015. I bought my vehicle in 2016 and I get annoyed every day about Sync 1.
The sound is very terrible.
I have some question to you.
1) Is it possible to change my sync 1 system to sync 3?
2) what are the parts nr. of sync 3, that I need ?
3) Have a user a instrution to change?
4)if it is too difficult or expensive. I would install as alternative a Pioneer Avic Z920.
4a)The question is, would the active parking system continue to work?
4b)Does anyone have experience with radio's from another provider?

Excuse me for not using the search function of my questions. Unfortunately, my English is not so good to understand and easy to read.
On German Internet pages, unfortunately, I find nothing that helps me.
I hope I have in UK more information?

Thank´s a lot and Greets

Martin

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
2015, that will be sync 2 surely, but I may be wrong, unless you have an old stock car that was registered late.
Personally I don’t have a problem with the sound system, after all it’s a car and not a concert hall
There is a link on here where someone has changed units, big job though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hallo Phoneman,
thank you for your answer,
I'm sure it's a Sync 1 system. The car was built in early April 2015
My Sync

Yes, a car is not a concert hall, but a small concert hall is not bad ;-)
Above all, the music sounds very tinny

·
Registered
579 Posts
2015, that will be sync 2 surely, but I may be wrong, unless you have an old stock car that was registered late.
Personally I don’t have a problem with the sound system, after all it’s a car and not a concert hall
There is a link on here where someone has changed units, big job though
I have a 2015 titanium and it's on sync 1. I have seen quite a few 16 plate cars also with sync 1. I have all the bits to upgrade mine to sync 2 and I know it's not going to be a simple swap. I did think about going direct to sync 3 but it's a different touch screen and the scrap dealers have twigged now and charging a fortune for them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi,
my name is Martin and I´m from german.
My english is not the best, but i would like to do my best.
I have a Kuga from 2015. I bought my vehicle in 2016 and I get annoyed every day about Sync 1.
The sound is very terrible.
I have some question to you.
1) Is it possible to change my sync 1 system to sync 3?
2) what are the parts nr. of sync 3, that I need ?
3) Have a user a instrution to change?
4)if it is too difficult or expensive. I would install as alternative a Pioneer Avic Z920.
4a)The question is, would the active parking system continue to work?
4b)Does anyone have experience with radio's from another provider?

Excuse me for not using the search function of my questions. Unfortunately, my English is not so good to understand and easy to read.
On German Internet pages, unfortunately, I find nothing that helps me.
I hope I have in UK more information?

Thank´s a lot and Greets

Martin
Hi Martin and welcome to the forum. Your English is much better than my German. I too have a 2015 titanium which is on sync 1. Just to understand which model you have your stereo should look like the one in the link below.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have a look at this. Sync1 to Sync2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have a look at this. Sync1 to Sync2.

Thank you, i would like to read this big tread tomorrow, the photo´s are very helpful

I have a question about this...

Is there an adapter cable that can I buy between from sync 1 to 2?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The next question.
Is the an cable to built between the connection Kuga (Pins Sync 1) to new unid sync 2 or 3 (Pins sync2)?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hallo Phoneman,
thank you for your answer,
I'm sure it's a Sync 1 system. The car was built in early April 2015
My Sync

Yes, a car is not a concert hall, but a small concert hall is not bad ;-)
Above all, the music sounds very tinny

Have you considered upgrading the speakers?

Cheaper, easier and quicker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you considered upgrading the speakers?

Cheaper, easier and quicker.
yes, but I would like to insulate the doors yet, so that the resonance gets better.
First I want to change the Navi, because I have several reasons to swap this ...

·
Registered
579 Posts
The next question.
Is the an cable to built between the connection Kuga (Pins Sync 1) to new unid sync 2 or 3 (Pins sync2)?
Yes, you have to make a new cable as some of the pins are different. It is identical to the focus which many people seem to have done but not many have done this to a Kuga. There are two people on here who have done it and the one who is about to do it is me. I bought all the pieces mainly from ebay. There are quite a number of bits to buy especially if you want Satnav. It took me ages to find the correct lead which feeds power to the media hub in the centre console. This is a different lead again to the one that goes to the stereo / screen. If you have a ford focus forum in Germany that may help you. Have a look here as well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This cable fits the cars wiring loom

I then had to remove quite a few of the pins and haven't made up the other looms yet which will be needed to connect to the media hub in the centre console. It was not easy removing the pins. I used a hair grip and ground it don but you can buy pin removal tools

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
If your main problem is the sound, then you don't need to upgade SYNC, you just need better speakers and probably a decent amplifier (and/or a sub).

Even if you do upgrade SYNC (for the "several reasons" we all suspect and know about), you will still need to upgrade the speakers, because the sound will still suck ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I agree with The Ace. I will at some point upgrade mine when I have a spare weekend. It will cost you in the region of 400 euros to upgrade to sync 2 and more for sync 3 and lot of work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your main problem is the sound, then you don't need to upgade SYNC, you just need better speakers and probably a decent amplifier (and/or a sub).

Even if you do upgrade SYNC (for the "several reasons" we all suspect and know about), you will still need to upgrade the speakers, because the sound will still suck ;)
Okay, thank you...
I have a german forum colleague who sells sony speakers from the premium sound package from Kuga.
Would this possibly buy ... can I simply plug and play? or must I to be unlocked/release or learned on to my Kuga here ...?

·
Registered
619 Posts
If they are the stock ones, then they should be plug-n-play. If they are aftermarket, then you'll need to modify their surrounds, in order to be able to fit them properly...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts