Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone else received the 30 March Kuga recall letter from Ford re - faulty foot brake system? We didn't receive it, but were told one had been sent out, *after our foot brake jammed* whilst driving - impossible to brake, and had to do emergency handbrake stop.

Ford (Caffyns - Brighton) picked our Kuga - just three weeks old - and told us they had sent RECALL letters out on March 30th. One day repair (something to do with pressure in brake system not functioning) - and they tell us all is good now.

But a little scary. Girlfriend has re-named our Tango coloured Kuga - the Death Car.

Not good. Does anyone else have any information?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, when was your Kuga delivered?

No recall against mine which is a June 2008 (one of the early batches). Now done over 17k miles and fingers crossed no brake pedal failures so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, it's a 2 litre diesel - titanium, (UK) March 2009.

Ford said recall letter was sent out on March 30, 2009.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not had one myself, not sure of the build date but I picked mine up in December. Never had problems getting recalls for my S-Max, and there were plenty of them!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
capainkevey said:
checked the government offical vehicle recall site nothing about the kuga yet not even listed but lots of other cars listed ,a bit scarey really when you read through the reall list like s-max "panoramic glass roof may detach ," oh dear
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
Oh dear, I have a panoramic roof on my Kuga...............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weird, that there is no listing... If you want more info - this is the Ford dealership that informed me of the recall (she looked it up on her Intranet) - and that repaired the Red Ford Kuga - 2 litre TDI this week http://www.caffynsford.co.uk/location/fordbrighton.

Caffyns Ford
Victoria Road, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 1YD
Tel: 01273 429600
Fax: 01273 429601
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
My dealer Skipton Ford, has confirmed that my Kuga, Sept 2008 is not involved in brake recall.
Although it has now gone in for numerous issues to be resolved including the loss of battery power for unknown reasons
. Fluttering bonnet etc. Hope to see it in a couple of weeks working properly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is a March 2009, and has just the inspection service - Service informed me they had performed the 'brake recall' work... What recall ? No contact from Ford at all.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hello all, received my recall notice 23/5/09. my kuga tit` was built Nov 08 and registered March 1st 09. Has been booked for service action this friday 29th may.
good luck. BK.

·
Registered
173 Posts
capainkevey said:
checked the government offical vehicle recall site nothing about the kuga yet not even listed but lots of other cars listed ,a bit scarey really when you read through the reall list like s-max "panoramic glass roof may detach ," oh dear
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

[/But only if you push the eject button lol
]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts