Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at buying a Kuga Titanium and have a few questions-
1.Whats the fuel economy around town?

2.Is it worth investing in the reverse parking sensors(convenience pack)?

3.I know the car has a Thactham alarm system,is there any indication on the dash that the alarm is on,a flashing LED etc ?.

Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have a search of the forums for the great mpg debate! I get about 35mpg around town if im carefull (4wd version).

The rear paking sensors are a good idea as the rear view isnt great espically if you have appearance pack privacy glass - theyseem to work well,I have avoided a bollard or 2 which would have been totally invisible.

I dont know if there is aled to show the alarm is on -I havent seen one?

Mike

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi rayman, I have a 2wd Titanium only 1000 miles old and at moment getting about 38 around schools and shops. on a 60 ish mile journey on main roads got into low 50`s mpg. was quite boring driving like that though!!!!
I have appearance pack and reversing is ok. tend to find a bigger gap behind than you think. my local dealer can have rear sensors fitted by a mobile fitter, colour coded if you want. at the moment we have had no incidents so have not invested in them yet! biggest problem is my daily car is a Ka so find the Kuga a bit different to park. my wife drives the Kuga daily and parks no problem at all.

Alarm has an led in the dash as told by previous post also.

I have found this forum a great place for info and help from other Kuga ers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys-I was looking at a silver Kuga in M53 Ford last week,might just go back and have a another go this week.I see Ford quote £425-00 for forward and rear sensors-is this a factory or a dealer fit?.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not entirely sure, think it was £250 for rears,but i did get the phone number of the fitter, who does the work for Ford dealer. He is in Essex 01277 227848, obviously a bit far for some!!!!

The Ford dealer has some of their demonstraters fitted with his stuff so must be ok?Edited by: BruceKuga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts