Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the price for a new Kuga has gone up by £400 for both trim levels. Is it new stuff being added, euro / dollar conversion rate, global credit crunch, or because they're selling like hot cakes?

Also the GFV value after two years has come down by £1K to £12K. Normally you get penalised for being an early adopter with an expectedprice reduction soon after release, but this seems to be the other way around......

·
Registered
260 Posts
Its Ford's annual price rise,I Think it Normally happens on a new product after the first few months.

But Ford are offeringto pay a£1000 deposit on both trim levels as a promotion up until 31/12/08.

So in reality, the price of the Kuga has dropped by £600!

·
Registered
77 Posts
In general all car producers are said to increase their prices because of higher costs of materials for producing cars. Steel and aluminium is at extreamly high prices now compared to a year or two back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The dealer phoned yesterday to ask how we were getting on with the Kuga and see if everything was ok with it. He said we had bought at a good time as they had gone up £400.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure why they have gone up,however ford have given another £1000.00 toward the cost if you take out the options or finance package.I have ordered mineon friday, a new Titanium and my deal incorporated this £1000.00 toward the cost,I reckon they had to do something as it seemed as though there would be no incentive to get one if the value at the end of termdropped.
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts