Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A litte story.

Yesterday we had a huge storm which flooded the surface of our 'off road' carpark at work for a while. A colleague who had rented a big white van had parked ealier in the day (bright sunshine!) right on the edge of a drainage ditch. When he left the office, he let the van roll forward, and into the wet, muddy ditch. He was then just stuck, spinning his wheels in the mud, way too heavy to push him out, not enough room anyway. He called me as he knew I had 4x4, and for the first timeI fixed the tow eye to the front of the Kuga (it has a LEFT-HAND THREAD, folks!) and using a length of rope I had put under the boot floor, just in case when I first got the car, tied it to the tow eye on the back of the van. Reversed slowly and hey, job done! I was amazed how easily the K pulled this big van out of the ditch and that it kept traction on the loose wet surface, no problem at all. I went home feeling like a good Samaritan, and my colleague was just grateful to be on his way again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really good job! That is really re-assuring to know the capability of this wonderful car. An "expert" colleague of mine lamented that the Kuga would be good for nothing because of not having low range or lockable diffs. I think this proves otherwise. The rope as a spare is a great idea too; thanks for that. Will check out Halfords.

EDIT: Sorry, had spelt "spare" a bit awry in this post earlier. Have a sinus infection - not seeing too clearly!!

Edited by: Impala14

1 - 3 of 3 Posts