Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Thinking about getting PHEV Kuga on the motability scheme, is the home charger included with the car or does it have to be purchased separately?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I would wait until such time as the owners who have bought the PHEV can confirm that the issues in actually being able to charge the car safely are 100% sorted by Ford.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would wait until such time as the owners who have bought the PHEV can confirm that the issues in actually being able to charge the car safely are 100% sorted by Ford.
I thought the problem was resolved???
We won't be collecting the car until the end of December, so if not currently fixed im sure it will be by then? Any answer to my question please?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I thought the problem was resolved???
We won't be collecting the car until the end of December, so if not currently fixed im sure it will be by then? Any answer to my question please?
Nope, it's still a fire risk if you charge it. Car comes with a charger you can use at home and I believe a separate lead so you can charge it at the free points around our city and car parks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, it's still a fire risk if you charge it. Car comes with a charger you can use at home and I believe a separate lead so you can charge it at the free points around our city and car parks.
Does the home charger come free with the car or not?

·
Registered
14 Posts
At the moment Ford does not provide any charging solutions other than provide you two type of leads for charging your car.
From their site they are partnering with some third parties and we might (a big might) get some free/reduced cost charging from these third party providers but nothing has been published yet

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Hi
Thinking about getting PHEV Kuga on the motability scheme, is the home charger included with the car or does it have to be purchased separately?
Thanks

Ford has no charging solutions plus, at the moment, they have no fix for an issue which means that you cannot charge the car anyway. They have halted deliveries,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just been told by Motability that they do NOT provide a home charger with hybrids, just pure EV’s:cautious:

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
146 Posts
When you say home charger do you mean a dedicated wall mounted installed charger

You get a plug in charger with the car that can be plugged in a 13amp socket ..... you only save a couple of hours charge time if you have a higher powered charger installed ...so fo me not worth it just plug into a weatherproof external 13 amp socket

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you say home charger do you mean a dedicated wall mounted installed charger

You get a plug in charger with the car that can be plugged in a 13amp socket ..... you only save a couple of hours charge time if you have a higher powered charger installed ...so fo me not worth it just plug into a weatherproof external 13 amp socket
Thanks for that, how long is the cable with the "normal" 13 amp socket?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts