Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga PHEV ST-Line X - Magnetic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use this option?
If so what settings are you using and how are you finding it?

Im finding it's completely arbitrary when it chooses to work if at all.
I have set charge times between midnight and 5am and a departure time of 5am (my assumption is the setting would make sure the car is charged and warmed during this window.)
On occasion when it has tried to run it then shifts the charge time to after the departure time which is pointless.
This also means it negates to benefit of charging during any cheap tariff window.

Any thoughts suggestions

Thanks

·
Registered
2021-4 PHEV St-Line X
19 Posts
Hi.
Firstly I do not use the departure time, but I use the charge schedule. And I was going nuts, as it only worked sometimes.
I noticed that my Ford pass app had stored 3 different charge locations for my home address.
I added them all with same time slots, and now it works as it should (for now) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Kuga PHEV ST-Line X - Magnetic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
Firstly I do not use the departure time, but I use the charge schedule. And I was going nuts, as it only worked sometimes.
I noticed that my Ford pass app had stored 3 different charge locations for my home address.
I added them all with same time slots, and now it works as it should (for now) :rolleyes:
That happened to me at the weekend when a near neighbours house became my default location and i couldn't set any charge times. I deleted everything uninstalled the App and went back in and added our location but was stuck with a NULL address as well and every time i plugged the car in it started charging.

Deleted and reinstalled twice more but nothing worked. So i gave up and went to bed
Lo and behold it worked overnight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No issues with mine, but I've not yet used the set charge times yet (I'm trying to transfer to an ev tariff but I havent managed to yet.)
But the departure times work absolutely fine, the car is toasty warm, seats and steering wheel warm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No issues with mine, but I've not yet used the set charge times yet (I'm trying to transfer to an ev tariff but I havent managed to yet.)
But the departure times work absolutely fine, the car is toasty warm, seats and steering wheel warm.
Ah so you just set departure time eg 6am and warm etc . But not set a schedule?

Might try that at the weekend

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yep, though one thing to check is the warm up time too.
You can select 5, 10 or 15 minutes. By default, 10 minutes is selected, so increase it to 15 minutes for extra warmth.
I think this is done via the sync car settings menu.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV, april 2021, ST Line X, Winter pack, technology pack, retractable towbar
83 Posts
I am also using it only by setting the departure time at 6.45 every morning (se to warm and 15 minutes). It used to work properly, but since the last update on the Ford Pass app, I am not happy with it, as it does not work properly anymore.

Reactions: Vlad.10.vvs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts