Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST LINE X PHEV with Tech pack
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have added a charging schedule to my phev via the app and via the car itself and no matter what I do as soon as I put the cable in to set it up of a night the car starts charging when I don’t want it to till the time set! I’ve tried pressing the timer button before I insert the charger and tried pressing it once it’s in but it just continues to charge straight away. Has anyone also had this issue or does anyone have any clear instructions on how this is done as I’ve been unable to find any and struggling to find what I’m doing wrong!

·
Registered
2021, Kuga Mk3, ST Line X, 2.5 PHEV
32 Posts
Hi all, I have added a charging schedule to my phev via the app and via the car itself and no matter what I do as soon as I put the cable in to set it up of a night the car starts charging when I don’t want it to till the time set! I’ve tried pressing the timer button before I insert the charger and tried pressing it once it’s in but it just continues to charge straight away. Has anyone also had this issue or does anyone have any clear instructions on how this is done as I’ve been unable to find any and struggling to find what I’m doing wrong!
Hey Bazzer09
From what I remeber you have to define a "Home" position initially.

Cheers, Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Ooh,I was just going to say, that only a short time ago, someone else gave answer to a very similar question.
@Paden was that you?

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
I’ll have a gander then, see if I can find it. I now it was something that needed a check mark on the app to enable it.
Thanks anyway👍

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
@Bazzer09

Have a read of this…it may help out.

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
139 Posts
I have similar issue. For my home location, I do have setting to charge to 90% only. It worked the first time, but doesnt work anymore.

·
Registered
Kuga phev st line x first edition with all pack options
3 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. The ‘home’ location is correctly set, and I’ve scheduled the car to charge during my cheap electricity hours overnight. However, as soon as I save and confirm the settings I get a screen saying ‘home’ and ‘car will charge when plugged in’, and this is exactly what happens. Pressing the ‘clock’ button has no effect, the car continues to charge at any time. If I go back to the scheduled charge screen, everything is entered correctly. Has anyone got any ideas for a possible solution. (I’m currently using an electronic timer between the charging unit and the mains but this is not ideal). Many thanks.

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line X Edition with Driver Assistance
30 Posts
I have the same problem too, I don't think for now we can rely on the schedules from the car or the app. Been rarely reliable, there were even days after I woke up in the morning to find that it did not start charging as per the early morning schedule set, hence no charge but we have then to use fuel if can't wait for it to then charge.

Currently I have the car set to charge when plugged in as I don't use the schedule from the car/app, I charge via another EV charger (not Ford Wallbox or 3pin charger) but I have the schedule set on the EV charger app, so that works fine as per the schedule of the EV charger (cheap night tariffs). However as soon as i plug the car, a few minutes later I get notification from the Ford app stating that charge did not begin as per schedule. But there is no schedule set in the Ford app or car.

I reported this to FordPass support and as expected they came back to me stating that the FordPass app is not compatible with 3rd party charger, only compatible with Ford Connected Wallbox, that's the reason it throws this notification, to what extent to believe this is true, I don't think so.

So it looks from the point of view of the app, that charge when plugged in is also a schedule, if you plug it in and depending on the power states of the charger (such as a wallbox charger) it sees a plug is connected but cannot get power from it to charge (as the charger has its own schedule), then it treats this as charge did not begin as scheduled (that is when plugged).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have the same problem too, I don't think for now we can rely on the schedules from the car or the app. Been rarely reliable, there were even days after I woke up in the morning to find that it did not start charging as per the early morning schedule set, hence no charge but we have then to use fuel if can't wait for it to then charge.

Currently I have the car set to charge when plugged in as I don't use the schedule from the car/app, I charge via another EV charger (not Ford Wallbox or 3pin charger) but I have the schedule set on the EV charger app, so that works fine as per the schedule of the EV charger (cheap night tariffs). However as soon as i plug the car, a few minutes later I get notification from the Ford app stating that charge did not begin as per schedule. But there is no schedule set in the Ford app or car.

I reported this to FordPass support and as expected they came back to me stating that the FordPass app is not compatible with 3rd party charger, only compatible with Ford Connected Wallbox, that's the reason it throws this notification, to what extent to believe this is true, I don't think so.

So it looks from the point of view of the app, that charge when plugged in is also a schedule, if you plug it in and depending on the power states of the charger (such as a wallbox charger) it sees a plug is connected but cannot get power from it to charge (as the charger has its own schedule), then it treats this as charge did not begin as scheduled (that is when plugged).
Odd as our car works perfectly. The schedule was set in the car (not the app) and the only time it hasn't worked is when the car was confused about where it was, it thought it was in the field opposite! Once the GPS had woken up it was fine again.

You do have to set the schedule for weekday and weekend in the car, and save both. It can only be set when you are at the location as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I picked up the Phev Kuga on Monday and i am just getting to grips with the charging - i have a smart charger that makes the best use of the low cost electric off peak - its basically a smart switch that turns on at 00:30 and of again at 04:30 and so far every morning the car is fully chargedso its switching itself on and off and the right times. The ford app says that the "The Scheduled Charge Didn't not Begin" which seems to be the time i plugged the cable in the night before, As far as i know i dont have a schedule set in the Ford App or Car - has anyone else had/have this issue and how did you resolve it

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line X Edition with Driver Assistance
30 Posts
I picked up the Phev Kuga on Monday and i am just getting to grips with the charging - i have a smart charger that makes the best use of the low cost electric off peak - its basically a smart switch that turns on at 00:30 and of again at 04:30 and so far every morning the car is fully chargedso its switching itself on and off and the right times. The ford app says that the "The Scheduled Charge Didn't not Begin" which seems to be the time i plugged the cable in the night before, As far as i know i dont have a schedule set in the Ford App or Car - has anyone else had/have this issue and how did you resolve it
Yes, I have the same exact problem. The issue is with Ford Pass app, the moment (or few minutes later) you plug in the charger, if there are no schedules set, it thinks it needs to start charging, even if set to charge when plugged in. But as the charger is timed separately (not from the Ford Pass app or car), the car does not get power unless it is within the set time from your smart switch, hence it throws this notification. Which basically in other words it means car detects the plug but does not get power, app notified you of this.

FordPass support confirmed this to me and said there are no planned fix for this, as the app is designed to work with the Ford Connected Wallbox, I don't have the Ford EV charger, so I cannot confirm if this works as expected with their charger

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes, I have the same exact problem. The issue is with Ford Pass app, the moment (or few minutes later) you plug in the charger, if there are no schedules set, it thinks it needs to start charging, even if set to charge when plugged in. But as the charger is timed separately (not from the Ford Pass app or car), the car does not get power unless it is within the set time from your smart switch, hence it throws this notification. Which basically in other words it means car detects the plug but does not get power, app notified you of this.

FordPass support confirmed this to me and said there are no planned fix for this, as the app is designed to work with the Ford Connected Wallbox, I don't have the Ford EV charger, so I cannot confirm if this works as expected with their charger
Mine has suddenly stopped sending out this message

·
Registered
Kuga Vignale 2.0L Diesel 2018
16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi....Not sure whether this is too late but I've just had the same problem myself. The issue is to do with the number of hours you have allocated in your preset time and the amount of time the car calculates it will need to charge the battery to you prescribed limit. eg my battery is nearly flat i have 5% I also have Octopus go which gives me cheap charging between 0030 and 0430 however the charging software will only let me set 1am to 4am. Now heres the rub, if you set the software to charge your battery to 100% the software knows it cannot do it in the time I have prescibed if the battery is only 5% charged so it starts charging straight away if I reduce my prescibed charge to 50% the software knows it can complete this and the charging starts at my prescibed time. If I increase this to 60% again the charging will start immediately because it cannot complete this in my 3hr window. I must admit I see this as a bit of a failing and I might ask Ford for an explanation as to why should it not just charge within my window regardless of what it can complete in the time. Hope this is some help to people

·
Registered
PHEV. Mk 3 ST-Line X PHEV with Driver Assistance Pack, Technology Pack and electric towbar
10 Posts
Hi....Not sure whether this is too late but I've just had the same problem myself. The issue is to do with the number of hours you have allocated in your preset time and the amount of time the car calculates it will need to charge the battery to you prescribed limit. eg my battery is nearly flat i have 5% I also have Octopus go which gives me cheap charging between 0030 and 0430 however the charging software will only let me set 1am to 4am. Now heres the rub, if you set the software to charge your battery to 100% the software knows it cannot do it in the time I have prescibed if the battery is only 5% charged so it starts charging straight away if I reduce my prescibed charge to 50% the software knows it can complete this and the charging starts at my prescibed time. If I increase this to 60% again the charging will start immediately because it cannot complete this in my 3hr window. I must admit I see this as a bit of a failing and I might ask Ford for an explanation as to why should it not just charge within my window regardless of what it can complete in the time. Hope this is some help to people
I have Octopus Go and have set the schedule to start at 1:00 am and it charges until 100% even if it overruns the cheap rate period. I have the charge time set from 1:00 am to 8:00 am Even though the cheap rate tariff ends at 4:30 am. If I want to charge outside the cheap rate period I press the timer button after plugging in. To change it to only charge at the preferred time just press the timer button again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi ....Thats interesting I might try that.......I only had my preset time set to between 1:00am and 4:00am and if the battery was flat it would start charging straight away, by reducing to 50% charge it would start according to the preset. I will try the 1:00am to 8:00am preset and see what happens, thank you

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
Out of interest what is the cost difference per hour between the cheap rate period and the standard rate.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts