Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We took delivery of our new Kuga on Sunday, very happy indeed.

I've not really had much time to explore whats inside and what I can play with, I've gotafew of questions that I hope someone can answer.

Is there a way to get the car to automatically lock the doors when pulling away ?

I can't seem to find a setting anywhere although on my focus you could do it by a certain lock/unlock sequence from inside.

We got the premium navigation system, we have an empty DVD case that the disc came in but where the **** does the disc go ? If I press the eject on the main console nothing comes out so was wondering where it is

We dont seem to have any manual for this navigation system either, does one exist ?

Lastly fuel economy, I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but more so for the 2.0 diesel, we have the petrol 2.5 and were averaging about 23mpg which is not great, just wondering if this is about right ?

Many thanks,

Marvin.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Marvin - welcome on board!

Automatic locking: I don't believe this is possible. Would love to be proved wrong but all evidence/experience here suggests it cannot be done. Shame, as I miss that feature too.

Audio guides are here:
http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Audio%20-%20Multimedia%20-%20Navigation/

I believe yours is the "Touch Screen Navigation System". Interestingly, that manual says "Under normal operating conditions access to the navigation disc will not be necessary. This is a dealer/service only operation. For map updates and system upgrades please refer to your dealer." My understanding is that the disc is buried in the unit and you need a dealer tool to release it.

MPG? Well, depends if your right foot is lead-lined or feather-light :) The 2.5 is quite new, so probably hasn't got as much real world info from other drivers coming in yet. Given the diesel is not really reaching the Ford-quoted figures (unless you can manage a consistently extremely dull driving style), expect your petrol to be lower too :-(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank youfor the answers, I've taken a copy of the navigation manual, shame about the autolock function though.

Just an observation, probably been discussed before but the keyless entry feature worries me slightly. For example, I'm filling up the car with keys in my pocket, have locked the carand someone jumps in, it will open since the car can detect the keys are nearby, theres nothing to stop them starting it up and off the go, is there ?

Marvin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello marvinwrigt

The keyless entry works like this. If you approach the drivers side of the car with your keys in your pocket, the two drivers side doors are the only doors that become available for you to open. It is only when you open one of these doors that the central locking opens the rest of the doors. So for exampleif you have allowed your wife/partnerto drive the Kuga and you have the keys in your pocket as youapproach the passenger side it is these doors that become available to you to open. Your wife/partner will not be able to gain entry to the drivers side untill you haveopened your door. If you approach the boot it is only the boot that opens the rest of the doors remain locked.

I hope this makes sense

Regards

Kugameister

Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the explanation, still, I dont like the idea that I can be standing at the pump filling up with the keys in my pocket and the car can still be opened.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the thief would be very brazen to have ago at this, consideringthe amount of CCTV coverage watching over a garage forecourt these days!
If the thief is determined to take your car Ireckon that he would knock you over the head and take your keys anyway!

and in the words of Crimewatch

" Sleep well, please don't have nightmares "
Edited by: Kugameister

1 - 7 of 7 Posts