Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

soon to be proud owner of Kuga Titanium, cant wait to hit the road jack!

ordered thru drivethedeal, dealer tell me 8-10 weeks delivery (ordered around 20th March) is this the norm?

Johnny M

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Johnny, I bought a Titanium through Drive the Deal, no problems at all , ordered 7th Jan, delivered 5 March but was ready1 week earlier but had to wait due to 09 registeration pressure . I think 8 weeks is normal but it seems to depend on if your dealer has any spare orders in the pipeline that he can change to your spec. Mine was loaded with extras but came through early. In my opinion , how smooth and pleasent you transaction goes when bying through either Drive thr Deal or Dealdrivers is how good the main dealer is ,that yourorder is allotted to. Mine was fine, hope yours is as good. Once you have the car try to build a relationship with any dealer local to you. If you don't like the nearest swop to another as they are all obliged to honour warranties and do servicing.I have only had one minor problem , the locking wheel nut key did not fit the locking nuts ! My local dealer sorted it no problem. I know half of you that have not changed a wheel yet will be checking this in the morning !!!!
Colin.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Kugajohnny

Welcome to the forum.

I also bought my car fromthem. Ordered 30th Jan and got it on 4th April,very pleased with the car. Drive the deal were excellent butcustomerservice in generalwill differ from dealership to dealership. I received luke warm service from Evans Halshaw in Wolverhampton,but like i've said to others the car more than makes up for it.

Hope it won't be too long await for you but 8 weeks is the norm. It'll soon be with you..

Regards Graham

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
Hi KJ and welcome,

Personally I'd jump for joy if it was a wait of 8-10 weeks.
Mine's been on order for 12 weeks now and there's still no sign of a delivery date nor any kind ofindication of a datefrom Inchape Fleet Solutions.

I only ordered a basic 2WD Zetec in Vision with park assist & xenons it's not like I'd ordered every option availableor a unique specification.

I hope yours comes sooner rather than later and fingers crossed for you, but the appeal of driving a Kugais starting to wear off for me if I'm honest and I haven't even got my hands on one.
Gaz.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome all!

Gaz, i understand where ur comin from, its easy to change your mind when your waitin for something, its taken me about 3 or 4 years to change my current car (currently a puma, bought from new 8 yrs ago!) because i changed my mind a 1000 times! im sure you will be over the moon when it finally arrives. I cant bloody wait tbh so i hope its not as long as 12 weeks, we wanna get out n about in it!
BigG, thats the same dealer that drivethedeal have put me onto! I hope i dont get any hassle, tbh, i think buying a new car is more stressful than buying a new house! At least with a house you can walk away, with a car they get you in a headlock so you dont leave the showroom which is why i chose to scour the net for the best deal around.
Stotty, ive ordered mine with a few add ons, bi-xenons, appearance, convienience packs and 19 inch alloys (im not too sure about these now, whats other drivers opinions? im not goin offroad much, across a bloody campsite will be about the max tbh!) so im not holdin out much hope of less than 10 weeks now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Johnny
With regards to Evans Halshaw,after 6 weeks i hadn't even had an introductary phone call which i should have had after 2 days of ordering. Once i'd rang them they were very apologetic and seem to get their act together a bit more although the lady they put in charge of my order wasn't very good,i just think she was/is over worked and tended to forget things. I also opted to go to pick it up rather than have it delivered so that i could have a good look around the vehicle and have a little drive down the motorway to get to know the car.

They gave me a delivery date and it was spot on and Julian (who was the first guy i spoke with) was very helpful and explained that they always try to under promise so that the car arrives on or before the due delivery date.

Don't expect any fuel in the thing either,i saved them so much in delivery charges and they couldn't even put a fivers worth of diesel in the tank.

On the whole it wasn't really any hassle and i wouldn't think twice about ordering from DTD in future.

I have the titainium with 18" alloys, Bi-Xenon headlights, front and rear park assist and appearence pack and everything has been great.

Anyway you now have one less day to wait. If you want to know anything else with regardsto EH in Wolverhampton or the handover process with them then let me know and i'll try best to help where i can.

All the best

Graham
Edited by: BigG

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my Titanium from Archers of Ashby on 11th March with 4 to 6 weeks delivery. When I checked last Friday it was still on schedule. It's coming with A pack, C pack and X pack. 18" wheels ordered a week later after reading this forum. And they are throwing in a quarter tank of diesel. Will let you know if they are true to form.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now then kuga manics!

Picked up the beast last saturday from wolverhampton, opted to drive it back to hull instead of having it delivered. What can i say? what a car, drives like a dream, really enjoying getting used to it. Got it in panther black, 19 inch blingers, a pack, c pack and a few other add ons. Will post a foto on here when i give it its 1st birthday clean! The 19 inchers really finish it off, even me old man stood back in amazement!! 1st & 2nd gear are a typical diesel sluggish start but its a got a right punch in the 3rd to 4th gear
.Weve had the neighbours droolin over the garden fence in admiration!!

Well chuffed i took the plunge.

BLING BLIN BLING!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts