Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been reading the forums and I must say I have found them very informative and useful. I ordered my Kuga about 8 weeks ago and its due to arrive in a week or so.. I can't wait.

I have gone for a AWD Sea Grey with Con, App, Titanium XPacks.....

Sooooo looking forward to it....it'll be my second Brand New Purchase after the Ford Puma which I loved...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello all,
Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for mine, I know not as long as some, but the wait is very frustrating, not had the best of service from my dealer, ie no exact date for delivery, apparently my Kuga is in the country and has left Dagenham on Monday last, still waiting! dealer still can't give a date, as the transporter has drop offs at various dealers around the country, is anyone else in a similar position, and realistically when can I expect mine to arrive, what is the average wait in my situation?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi KugaKen,

Thanks, I did have some intial issues with the order, mainly to do with the panaromic roof.. I had orginally ordered it as optional extra. 3 weeks later they said they could not do it as it was now a part of the titianium x pack.. After some haggling, I got what I wanted...

Looking forward to it....

Mike, even though they said I'd get it in a week or so I still do not have a definate delivery date...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello all, just recieved a call from my dealer it has arrived and ready for me tomorrow! So not too bad after all, so Dagenham to North Yorkshire 3 days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mike,

Brilliant.....Hope all goes well tomorrow

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
From the confirmed build date it took three weeks for my Kuga to arrive at dealers. I asked dealer why so long, are they pushing it from Saarlouis, he smugly replied, pushing it? Oh, no it has to cross water (long pause)..... I think? Mike S. Re: Not best service from dealer. To be fair I'm afraid it's the same all over whatever make of vehicle you buy these days, sadly once they have your order and more importantly your deposit, you can go whistle.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bob's right
Longest I went was back in 2001 delivery of Focus confirmed for April 30th finally got my mits on it September 13th. Nothing special just Focus Estate. Loads of excuses many contradictory. Vowed never to buy Ford again. Blew that didnt I, LOL

KugaKen

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Mike Thats is great news about your Kuga. My Kuga build date was the 3rd of October. I checked with the dealer on the 10th who told me it was part of a batch of 6000 motors not sure what styles models etc but it would take 2 days to load the boat and a further 2 days to unload. Itwould then be transported to Dagenham for finishing?. I should get the Kuga on the last week of the October or first week November. Guess I will plump for the November date and get a full month of Road tax.

Later

Jonny Kuga

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Went to the dealer yesterday got a date now of the 24th October... Aparently my car has move from Spain and is now in Belgium somewhere. Got the New Registration details though.... so there is some progress.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All,

Going to be picking up my BEAST later on today..... Can't wait.... Didn't sleep too well.... tooooo over excited.

Let you know how I get on.....Hope its a smooth handover

Donkuga

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi DonKuga, From Puma to Kuga seems to be a natural progression thing going on here, but hey . . . .Best OfLuck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi bobuptown,

thanks for that . 2hrs to go till I pick up my Kuga.... I loved the puma......shame it had to go...needed a family car...the Kuga was to be honest the only one which ticked all the boxes.

Donkuga

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ladies & Gentlemen.....

WHAT A CAR!

Yes KugaKEn been out driving it!! Love IT!

The handover with the dealer was very good... Full tank of fuel also...

Really happy with the car.. Going to be trying out the gadgets on the car later.. Got IPhone connect easily via bluetooth.. Will try ipod later...

Heated seats are brill and used the quick clear windscreen this morning as it was a bit frosty.... that was great.

Seems that I need to get used to the keyless entry thingy though... Not 100% sure if I like it yet.

Anyway...

Another happy Kuga Owner!

DonKuga

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
DonKuga. Frosty . . . where do you live? Have not seen frost where I live since back in February.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi BobupTown, I live in East Mids, its was only a thin layer of frost.... it was 5am though....

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
DonKuga, I'm itching to try Ford's quickclear front screen out, I suspect I won't have to wait too long now,cos as soon as Nov 5th comes around, it's like a lightswitch,does not matter howwarm the weather has been, by Bonfire Night it always gets colder. Just read a post about the Kuga's plastic front wings? . . . . . well I never. Bob.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bob
What post is that then ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts