Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. New to this forum. I’ve got a 59 plate with a DPF issue at present. Forced regen done on it by local garage but EML came on again after only a month.
contacred yorkshire DPF centre who says I need to take it to them to do a power flush.Can’t get it til next week so in the meantime want to put a DPF cleaner into tank. May sounda silly question but I can’t get the bottle into the filler pipe. Is there a locking mechanism on it (ie does it need correct size fuel pump putting in to open it). Thanks

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
500 Posts
We have capless system. So only something like diesel funnel will open this cap. You should have one in spare wheel styrofoam insert...

·
Registered
Kuga MK1 4x4 2.0d 136hp
107 Posts
Hi, yes the fuel tank has locking mechanism since Kuga's doesn't has a cap (easy refuel system :D )
So the metal cap is locked by the black plastic shown on thepicture, when you put the gun it depress the plastic and metal flap is unlock .

I am using old plastic funnel from fuel additive, like this one for example

Here in the forum we discuss the DFP issues so many times and many times, the Self-regen is not working and car build soot very easily, usually there issue with DPF pressure sensor and other things could be check too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts