Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got back from the dealer (asking about various stuff as well as getting her Ka serviced) and the salesman said:

"Ford has decided that the Kuga will only be a limited edition car as they were only in it to compete with the other manufacturers until the seven seater C-Max comes into production".

(The rear-view camera apparently won't even make it as an option now)

Hmmm!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a bit strong from the salesman. There have been no announcements of the sort to the dealer network. Ford only plan to build 6000 for the UK for this year. The new C-Max is due in 2010. Hardly a limited edition.

The 7 seat C-Max is going to be the first car to use the 3rd generation Focus platform. This probably means that it's bye bye Kuga MKI, hello Kuga MKII...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sent an email to Ford and have asked the Qusetion waiting for a response will post when i recive it ( seams silly to make such a good car for alimited edition)

·
Registered
108 Posts
not all salesmen know what they are talking about... or think they are saying things that will tempt you to buy one - but only end up putting you off. i'll be surprised if you get a ford response as these answers are strategic plans for the future... if he means limited in terms of mass volume production, he'll be right... the kuga is not mass volume in comparison to focus or fiesta!

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I ordered mine the salesman tried to tell me that Ford were only going to make 1,000 for this country.
I can't seriously believe that Ford would want to get out of such a competitive area of the market. SUVs are the fastest growing car type in terms of sales and Ford need to play there. A C-Max isn't a 4 x 4 and the Kuga isn't 7 seats so seems to be a load of tosh

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kuga was only ever envisaged as a short run model to 2010 when it would under go a major revamp on the MK3 Focus platform maybe even a 7 seater making an appearence?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was told that Ford were only making a limited number also, and that they were not going to be available to rental & fleet companies etc.... This together with a "low profile"??? advertising campaign were used to to keep the used prices strong?However, I cant see a car manufacturer limiting or ceasing production of a car that is selling well and is in demand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts