Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought the following Kuga Info might be useful for some of you........

<DIV align=center>
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 442.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 0cm 0cm 0cm" =MsonormalTable border=0 cellPadding=0 width=590>
<T>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; : transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm">
QUESTION 1: When is there going to be an automatic?
ANSWER: A petrol automatic is planned for early next year, with the introduction of a 200PS I5 petrol engine. Diesel automatic will take a little longer - probably 2010.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
QUESTION 2: When will we be able to order Kuga with rear camera?
ANSWER: Now! The rear view camera is now included with the Premium Navigation option on Kuga. The great news is that the price of Premium Navigation remains unchanged at £1,500 on Zetec and £1,000 on Titanium.
QUESTION 3: Is there going to be a higher power diesel available?
ANSWER: There are no plans to introduce a higher power diesel at this stage, however we are keeping this under review.
QUESTION 4: Why is Kuga called "Kuga"?
ANSWER: We wanted to create a name which sounded tough and was unique compared to competitors. Also, it had to be a good fit with the "Ford" name and easy to pronounce in different languages. "Kuga" is short, modern, and easily remembered. The name suggests mountains and fresh air - consistent with Kuga qualities. We think it has the potential to become an 'iconic' ford name, like Ka and Puma.
QUESTION 5: Is there a dealer fit towbar for Kuga?
ANSWER: Yes, both fixed and detachable accessory towbars are available for dealer fit. These can be ordered from Daventry using the following FINS codes:
1512062Towbar, detachable
1512068Towbar, fixed
1545001Towbar electrics kit, 13 Pin
1543905Towbar electrics kit, 7 pin
QUESTION 6: What is the Kuga chassis based on or is it completely new?
ANSWER: The Kuga is based on Ford's successful medium car platform, which also underpins Focus and C-Max
QUESTION 7: Are there any plans to produce a more affordable FWD Kuga in the light of similar products from other manafacturers?
ANSWER: We do monitor competitor trends and sales but at present there are no plans to introduce a FWD to the UK.
QUESTION 8: Please can you explain why the air conditioning comes on when you select one of the window modes on the panel.
ANSWER: Air conditioning comes on when the windscreen air outlet is selected in order to optimise windscreen clearing performance.
QUESTION 9:Can you fit a USB port to a vehicle that has Bluetooth and an auxiliary port also fitted?
ANSWER: USB is a plant fit item only. The USB option always comes with Bluetooth and an auxiliary port.
QUESTION 10:What insurance group is the Kuga?
ANSWER: 10E. This information is also available in the product guide, in a red-top, on the Thatcham website and in most car magazines.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks, that makes for interesting reading. Specially Q8, its nice to have explanations as to why the unexpected happens.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Kugababe thanks for an interesting and informative post which seems to address "most" questions being asked. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanx Kugababe, keep the info coming.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kugababe,thanks I am impressed and found it most useful,I always wondered where name originated,cheers.
SB

·
Registered
136 Posts
mine has bluetooth and aux in, but doesnt have usb?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your positive feedback folks- I will always try to post interesting info - especially if it is "Hot off the Press" !!!

Moggith...

My Kuga also has Bluetooth, aux inand no usb...

USBhas to be specifically factory ordered before build and cannot be retro-fitted - unless you have a Parrot system fitted, which you obviously don't need if you have Bluetooth.....

Hope this helps !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts