Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
N1 SprayAway! Interesting developments!

I like the wheels... but that's about it I'm affraid!!!

It looks to much like a hairdresser mobile with the sideskirts andOTT front bumper.Ground clearance is a bit low as it is without adding more plastic down there! It looks ok from the back wrapping around the exhaust pipes and more colour coded bits. Spose it's ok if you are certain you are not going to want to go offroad.

Dont like the interior as much as the Titanium spec half leather.

Having said all that... these are just my thoughts & feelings... I'm sure there will be plenty of people out there drooling over its sporty looks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really like it! Not particularly practical as a SUV/softroader/4x4, but those wheels really fill the arches!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think its stunning. Lets face it, very few of us are going to use the Kuga for off road. If we seriously were, we'd've brought a freelander so I don't think thats an issue. However, the 22mpg from the 2.5litre engine is an issue! ouch.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with Amser, one big argument for me buying the Kuga was groundclearance. I am driving a lot of dirt roads. I have hard to understand the concept of SUV with no groundclearane ...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can see both sides of the argument... When you buy a smart looking SUV like the Kuga, there is undoubtably a poser element involved (meant in the nicest possible way!)... so if you just never go off road, why not add a bit of extra flare. In this case bigger wheels and lots of plastic that reduces ground clearance. If you want the best of both worlds and would like an already awesome looking car that can also do a bit of the muddy stuff or if you have a hobby that takes you off road or to the beach occasionally stick with the original Kuga. It's also nice to be able to sometimes mount the kerb to aid parking and it's nice to have a bit of extra ground clearance when the wife tries to park and gets a bit to familiar with the kerb!!!!! LOL

... I'm gonna start running now... I reckon I need a headstart to get away from all the ladies on this forum

·
Registered
67 Posts
I kind of agree Amser. My point was also that you don't just need groundclearance for offroading. I guess i will never go offroad with the Kuga. But i will drive a lot of bad dirtroads were i will need every inch/cm i can get. I am so bored with my SAAB 9-5, where i have broken the frontspoiler twice, and been forced to crawl in slowmotion at a lot of the roads at my summerplace.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thats the kuga 2.5l T5 version with 200bhp... looks awesome!
thats the same 2.5l t5 fitted in the focus st - good for about 300bhp with a decent ecu map, intercooler &air system!

who goes off road anyway... and if you do... then you need both versions!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think it looks awesome. But then the people I work with think a standard KUGA looks awesome, especialy when I park it next to a qushqai.(work for a nissan supplier)

·
Registered
17 Posts
It does look nice but I can't see the point myself, having exchanged a Focus ST3 for the KugaI think this car just looks like a fat Focus St, for the people thinking of buying this car why not save money and buy a Focus St in the first place, the Kuga has excellent looks and as Joe90 states, it looks awesome when comparing it against similar basded cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts