Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed a few people interested in the new Kuga FHEV (full hybrid/self-charging hybrid) model, but there’s not a huge amount of info on it, as it tends to be about the plug-in (PHEV) model. So I thought I’d leave this topic here where you can ask me any questions you have about it and I’ll do my best to answer them. Hopefully Google will pick this thread up too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What driving modes does the FHEV have ?
It has the same modes as the PHEV model, except EV Now, so Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery and Sand, Snow.

In my experience Sport mode doesn’t go into electric unless at very low speeds and in Eco it seems to favour electric more readily than if it’s in Normal mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A few reviews mention it's only fully electric at car park speeds - is this right? Or will it go into electric only if you're cruising at say 50ish with a light pedal?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few reviews mention it's only fully electric at car park speeds - is this right? Or will it go into electric only if you're cruising at say 50ish with a light pedal?
Mine will go into Electric at any opportunity at any speed. Mostly when cruising around town when I’m not accelerating, but I’ve also had it when on the motorway when going downhill or easing off the gas. Also kicks in quite often through the 50mph average speed checks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry about my language, but I am Danish. Have any of the members any experience with this car towing a caravan. I have been looking high and low but cannot find anything. My Caravan weights 1500 kg.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,991 Posts
Sorry about my language, but I am Danish. Have any of the members any experience with this car towing a caravan. I have been looking high and low but cannot find anything. My Caravan weights 1500 kg.
Hi and welcome.
I’ve had a quick look for you.
A review was done here in the UK and Phev was given a low tow max capability of 1200kg.
t Diesel fair a lot better and I have posted a breakdown of the weight per model.
Enjoy.
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi have just ordered a FHEV Kuga to replace my 2021 kuga eco blue was just wondering what kind of mpg you achieving. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi have just ordered a FHEV Kuga to replace my 2021 kuga eco blue was just wondering what kind of mpg you achieving. Thanks.
Depends on where I’m driving and the temperature, but regularly getting mid-50s mpg. Had my first (albeit very small) all-electric journey yesterday, so it is possible.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts