Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am seriously considering the Kuga as I want to buy my first touring caravan and my present vehicle is too light. Is the Kuga good for towing heavier caravans. Also I commute 58 miles to work (all motorway) and my present car does 55mpg. Does the Kuga live up to the 44 mpg it states in the handbook. I am happy to sacrifice some mpg for a great car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
so far 34mpg with normal driving because of the fact it is a new engine (1500km so far).
i surely hope not it gets even worse when I start driving more sporty!

I do a lot of highway (100km to the office).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. How long before engine settles and you get more mileage. Not sure I want a car that only does 34mpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have had my Kuga since late November, mileage is now 1970 and a mixture of urban and A roads albeit not getting much opportunity to do 70mph+ at the moment but consumption according to the readout is 38.3mpg. I also did it the old fashioned way by calculating fuel used when filled up versus mileage driven and came up with exactly the same. My colleague who has a Kuga but more 6th gear opportunities is getting 40.2 with roughly the same mileage so not too bad.

Raymondo111

1 - 5 of 5 Posts