Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kuga 2ltr 4x4 2014 when the start button is pressed to start the engine I get 4 warnings :- engine service now, Parking aid malfunction service required, Immobiliser malfunction service required & Hill start assist not available & the car won’t start. If I switch the car off then start it again it starts normally & the faults have disappeared & everything works as it should. The car has been serviced. I’ve had it on 2 diagnostic systems (not ford as the car was bought from a Nissan dealership & it’s got a warranty from the dealership with the RAC) but they couldn’t solve it They’re just telling me to go & pay for Ford to diagnose it & then go back to them to see if warranty will cover it. Any ideas? Thanks
Niel

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello and no idea what the issue is, but I'd be leaving it with the Nissan garage and get them to sort it, especially if you didn't purchase it from them that long ago. Even if the warranty doesn't cover it they maybe liable for the costs. Sounds like they are just passing the buck and you could get lumbered with the repairs if it doesn't go through the correct process. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Since they have already said that they will "see if warranty will cover it" (which you can most certainly pressure them to do so), sounds like the car needs proper Ford diagnostics, so the only issue is whether you or Nissan will pick up the bill for the diagnostics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I’ve had it back to the garage I bought it from but they’re adamant that I need to go to ford & they won’t cover the cost. I am considering to see if either the ford garage will deal with the warranty company or phoning the warranty company to complain about the Nissan garage & seeing if they’ll deal with the ford dealership.

·
Registered
40 Posts
RAC warranties are insurance based and not tied to the dealer issuing it so you should be able to get work done at Ford under that warranty if - and it is a big if - the warranty actually covers it. RAC offer different levels of cover (they were gold, silver or bronze back in the day when I last had one) and the bronze one was limited to specified major faults only so you need to check the level of cover you have and what it actually covers. I brought a citroen C4 Picasso from a car supermarket with RAC warranty. Two months after purchase the very complex and expensive suspension system failed but I was able to get it repaired under the warranty by my local Citroen dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Niel I am having the EXACT same issue as you in terms of "engine service now, Parking aid malfunction service required, Immobiliser malfunction service required & Hill start assist not available" and my car also doesn't start. But I switch it off and on again and it suddenly starts. Did you manage to solve this issue? If so what was the repair? Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a kuga 2ltr 4x4 2014 when the start button is pressed to start the engine I get 4 warnings :- engine service now, Parking aid malfunction service required, Immobiliser malfunction service required & Hill start assist not available & the car won’t start. If I switch the car off then start it again it starts normally & the faults have disappeared & everything works as it should. The car has been serviced. I’ve had it on 2 diagnostic systems (not ford as the car was bought from a Nissan dealership & it’s got a warranty from the dealership with the RAC) but they couldn’t solve it They’re just telling me to go & pay for Ford to diagnose it & then go back to them to see if warranty will cover it. Any ideas? Thanks
Niel
Hi Niel I am having the EXACT same issue as you in terms of "engine service now, Parking aid malfunction service required, Immobiliser malfunction service required & Hill start assist not available" and my car also doesn't start. But I switch it off and on again and it suddenly starts. Did you manage to solve this issue? If so what was the repair? Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
Hi there iv just bought a kugar 2 weeks ago and having same problem. May I ask have u had your fixed and if so wat was the problem thanks

·
Registered
2017 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
206 Posts
Check the battery

Reactions: Fillco

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
38 Posts
I am assuming all these issues are MkII's, not subject to the water ingress causing the ECU plugs to go **** up. Easy to pop out all the plugs just to have a nose.

Also agree with cab, have known a battery that has the power to start the engine, but throws up error codes, especially, modern motors with high battery demands like stop/start etc. Just find someone with same battery who will do a diagnosis battery elimination swap, so many error codes is unlikely, but worth the time it takes to eliminate it.

May even be a ECU plug that is not fully seated, may not be. But worth the time it takes, due to the problems it is causing.

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white.
53 Posts
Battery was my first thought too, also check the earth straps under the battery on the inner wing, remove them and make sure there is bare metal under them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts