Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Thanks for letting the forum know the solution.Had they managed to crack the reluctor ring when they replaced the timing belt?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They did damage the reluctor ring when replaced the timing belt. In my understanding the reluctor ring need to remove for belt replacement so there came the damage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for updating everyone with the solution. There's too many posts where the thread just ends and no one knows if the relevant problem was fixed or not.

Also good how many pointed out to check the cam belt..ok it wasn't the belt but it was directly attached and in the area work was done.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I'll echo KugaBuga, and thank you for the update, unfortunately a good few dont post their resolution and it doesn't help anyone. Pity it took so long too for your mechanics to find the fault and not to retrace the work they had done if engine was fine before the belt change. So were you without the Kuga all this time too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It was a long winter to wait for solution for the fault and to know who will pay all this at the end. 4,5 months without Kuga during the winter time (we still have over 80cm of snow in this part of country).

The belt change was done in workshop A and the car was in workshop B (local Ford dealer) for those 4,5 months to fault search and repair. Workshop A searched the fault for three days and after that they raised they hands and said that I should take it to Ford dealer.

Most of the time car was just waiting next repair time, at start they booked a day and when no result next available time was maybe in next week or in two weeks. Later on they searched the fault every day.

Workshop A said that it might be fault out of their scope, but at the end I do not have to pay anything for the repairs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Update of the situation, in case somebody is interested. The fault has not been found. The other Kuga had failure in fuel pump, mine not.

After last post following has been done:
  • Replaced fuel pressure measurement
  • Replaced EGR valve
  • Suspected that the cam chain (that connects cam shafts together) has jumped when belt was replaced--> opened the head cover and discovered that the chain was not jumped.
  • Did compression test and discovered that 1st cylinder had 30-35% less compression --> removed cylinder head and checked by another workshop. Head and valves were OK. Afterwards they said it might have been faulty measured, since after this compression test was OK and still same symptoms.
  • They replaced new injection nozzles, fuel pump and PCM and still no fault found (they will install old parts back). They even tried new throttle.
Still same symptoms and no fault codes and the revs are limited to ~2500rpm. They say that the fuel pressure starts to decrease at over 2300rpm...

Still it is nice to have 4x4 during winter, only if I could drive one...
Hi,

Latest updates. It has been quite frustrating. The car has been at dealer for 6 weeks... They have tested electrics, some instruments, diesel nozzles and fuel pump, changed the fuel control valve. No fault has been found. They say that when car reaches 2300rpm then the fuel pressure starts to decrease.

It is interesting that during last week the workshop received second similar Kuga with same symptoms. Only thing that has been done to that car is that the fuel filter has been replaced. So most likely the reason is related to fuel system.

It is possible that when the filter is replaced the fuel filter housing has not been cleaned enough and some dirt particles has gone to somewhere where it is causing problems... New filter has been black from the lower part of the filter when they check it.
Sorry have I missed it have you got your car fixed as mine seems to be doing the same at moment it is a 2013 kuga when I get it into 2,500 rpm rate stick at 2,250rpm and won't rev out .

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Sorry have I missed it have you got your car fixed as mine seems to be doing the same at moment it is a 2013 kuga when I get it into 2,500 rpm rate stick at 2,250rpm and won't rev out .
The answer is on the previous page.
Sorry about last post, that information was before new turbo was fitted. The fault was not caused by turbo. The turbo was faulty but was not the reason for rev limit. The actual fault was crankshafts timing sensor's reluctor ring which was damaged in timing belt replacement. It was not visible in oscilloscope, the damage was so small. Now the car works fine.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts