Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
just been googling and found pictures of apparently planned Kuga coupe.

Just google and have a look.

Whats odd is these pictures are in what looks like Tango which as we all know is deleted but the car is said to be released in 2010/11.

Or is is just bulls--t.

Slimus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi
that seems to co-incide with another thread I commented on recently re KUGA INDIVIDUAL.

the date Slimus mentions is ( I think) the Paris Motor Show. So there will be two new versions of Kuga then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HI SLIMUS,
JUST BEEN LOOKING AT THE LATEST PRESS PICS OF (HYUNDIA"S) IX35 CROSSOVER

DUE OUT APRIL 2010, AND ITS A MIRROR IMAGE OF THE (KUGA ) YOU CAN SEE IT ON

(AUTO EXPRESS ) WEBSITE (www.autoexpress.co.uk ) NO PRICE AS YET ,BUT YOU CAN BET

YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR,IT WILL BE COMPETATIVE WITH (KUGA ) STILL A CLASS OR TWO BELOW MIND YOU...REGARDS HODGE.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi HODGE,
Yes I like the look of it but I prefer our beast.

When I was in USA a few weeks ago I kept seeing Ford called the EDGE.

Google some pictures of that and see what you think.

Slimus.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi All just had a gander at the Hyundai-Kia ix 35 made in Korea and supported by Toyota and I suspect others, and yes it does look suspiciouslylike a Kuga I'm sure that withthe standard 5 yr warranty (Ford take note) I repeat a 5yr warranty it should do really well over here and with those rear drop down tables they are sure to clean up, lol. Finally we are now without doubt entering exciting times in terms of "concept design's" which are not shelved, but going into actual production. Welcome to the 21st Century at long last.Bob.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Slimus just had a look at the Ford Edge and it's standard kit, which goes on and on like the credits from a Star Wars Movie, get this 20" & 22" Alloys, 6 Sp Auto, power tailgate, power folding rear seatbelts, All leather int, power heated seats, 8" front DVD/latest generation with built in Sat Nav, Ford Sync software to control mobiles and digital music players std on All models, electric seats, 8" drop down rear dvd players with headphones like I said just like the credits the list goes on and on price . . . Oh I almost? forgotjust under£16000 grand (26,000 USD) for base model which has much of the items mentioned (only 20" alloys sorry) and just under£19000 (31000 USD) for the top of range, which has got all kinds of cupholders and trays for your laptop, and presumablywhen a bit of perspiration forms on your brow, and a tiny (JB) hand emerges from nowhere with a tissue to mop you dry ??? etc etc, however at the end of the day to me personally it looks a bit like one of (Kuga) Cinderella's . . . . Ugly Sisters.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi slimus,
just had a look at the ford edge, im with you and think our KUGA is far better looking,

the edge may come with a shed load of options, and standard kit. but the kuga just looks right...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did anyone notice if they also fit a kitchen sink in the boot (trunk) of this EDGE.

There is no point in drooling - unless you have got plenty of money.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Bob,
If you think the spec levels are fancy I have seen adverts in the past on USA TV for Ford pick ups and the finance was zero deposit and 5 years at 0%.

Now I know we get 0% here but usually with 30 to 50% deposit. I am not a fiscal genius (which is why I have to work for a living) but why wouldn't these sort of offers be available over here from the same company ie Ford Credit.

I would happily pull down my seat back tray ( if I had one) and sign that sort of finance deal.

Slimus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Hodge,
No arguments here I thinkthe Kugalooks great. (but I dont mind the look of the EDGE).

Slimus.

Edited by: Slimus

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Digger,
surely if you dont have lots of money all thats left to do is drool.

(no face for drooling)

Slimus.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Slimus agree 100% US car buyers would not put up with the UK dealer's"well that's the price" take it or leave it attitude, and I suspect a US buyer would laugh at the poorly specced cars we are forced to accept in this Country. I am being honest and if any (North West) car dealers trawl this site they will (quietly) agree I scoured All my local dealerships March April half May within a 30 mile radius and beyond to try and find a Kuga I could test drive, one local large NW Ford dealer said "well just order it and see" Our problem over hereis that all motor manufacturers think that we are all a bit what's the word, slow, which is why they downgrade a vehicles specification just by calling it something else, eg: LX orGhia to Zetec and Titanium which is apparently Forduguese for "Not much in it"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello again Bob,
yes I know what you mean the only pleasure I have in buying a car is watching the salesman squirm once I have singled him out and start laying into him verbally.

My wife has walked away embarrassed in the past because I can be quite ruthless and dont mince my words, but at the end of the day there is only one winner and we all know who that is. Anyway keep up the seat back trays posts they provide me with entertainment during an otherwise dull work days.

Slimus.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Slimus . . . . . as always a pleasure.Just bought some carpet think youshould of come with usand brought along your tazer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx Bob, but I only do verbal violence.

by the way jusy spoke to Digger who has explained what a hoople head is and I have never heard of that one either.

I will try iy out on a few gaffers at work next week.

Slimus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
HEY
Slimus - Bobuptown

Can you get off and give other members a chance??

seriously - Slimus' wife was not the only embarrassed one, I had to leave him to it (wish I could do a bit more of it).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure about those wheels......

·
Registered
418 Posts
Think I would go for a Coupe' though, pretty happy with mine and at last I have a car that I will keep for a few years rather than the previous 'hot hatches' and 'whim' purchases that have survived a year or less...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts