1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Hope everyone is keeping well

Im new here and hoping i can find some advice,

So i had a DPF fault on my Kuga 2.0tdci 2010 and the stealers wanted 930 + vat for a new one.
i decided to cut out the inside and weld back up and have someone remove the DPF from the ECU, now its driving brill and feels more powerfull than before but 3 days after this was done im now getting a AWD malfunction pop up for a few mins then goes off, ive been told the car needs a re-map also? ive been told its related to steering wheel angle sensor (every now and again i get steering malfunction ) hoping someone has come accross this before and can shed some light on it
thanks all
regards
karl

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

May be worth checking out your battery. A failing battery can result in random messages briefly appearing such as you describe. The reason for this is that non-essential services are shut down in a relatively controlled manner to preserve power to the more essential ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AMC1

I checked the battery with a exide tester and it showed good/recharge, wonder if its worth me putting a new one on it to see how it goes

·
Registered
357 Posts
morning, first thing I'd be doing is getting a fault code reader on the car to see whats flagged up.. A battery is expensive especially if you've just replaced one needlessly. Have the car scanned and report back with the fault codes that are present!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi martin.
Fault code is p1889 read from snapon solus ultra now when i clear the code it comes back as a diffrent code witch is p0937 haldex oil temp so if i clear that again it then comes back awd malfunction with no fault code untill a day later, has my head baffled
Now the battery is not new was on the car when i got it its a varta and looks around 3 year old shows 12.33volts i think normally they should be 12.6 after being sat for it to be a good batt
Luckly i work in a motor factors so the parts that are availible aint to expensive just frustrating with it ahowing diffrent codes and it happened just after dpf deletion

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi martin.
Fault code is p1889 read from snapon solus ultra now when i clear the code it comes back as a diffrent code witch is p0937 haldex oil temp so if i clear that again it then comes back awd malfunction with no fault code untill a day later, has my head baffled
Now the battery is not new was on the car when i got it its a varta and looks around 3 year old shows 12.33volts i think normally they should be 12.6 after being sat for it to be a good batt
Luckly i work in a motor factors so the parts that are availible aint to expensive just frustrating with it ahowing diffrent codes and it happened just after dpf deletion
Now we're getting somewhere!!
P1889.... Thats a familar code.. SEE HERE. I had to resolve that myself, both codes which you've posted up refer to the same thing.. The chaps at HALDEX repairs were GREAT. buy your bits form them.

Battery voltage seems fine too.. whats the voltage level with the engine running????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P1889.... Thats a familar code.. SEE HERE. I had to resolve that myself, both codes which you've posted up refer to the same thing.. The chaps at HALDEX repairs were GREAT. buy your bits form them.

Battery voltage seems fine too.. whats the voltage level with the engine running????
When its running its volts is 14.34, but what gets me is its only happened since getting the DPF erased from the ecu
i was getting steering malfunction then engine malfunction, then the problem came up with the DPF so now thats sorted its now saying AWD malfunction.
could be a coincidence that its decided now is a good time to play up but with what i have read im abit wary of spending ££ for it not to fix the fault because of previous faults
its a nightmare ha ha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Might still change the haldex oil and filter and try cleaning out the pump if im thinking correctly they should be the same as a starter motor so the insides should be similar might just need freeing off unless the brushs are goosed lol P.S i like the bonnet scoops you have added from your post looks sweet

·
Registered
357 Posts
Kuga's , in fact all fords that are from around that same 2008 - 2012 era throw up electrical faults due to alternators and batteries. A Haldex oil change will certainly do it no harm what do ever. defo worth doing at £70 for the parts. On my car I found that it would throw up the traction control warning as the alternator started to fail...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kuga's , in fact all fords that are from around that same 2008 - 2012 era throw up electrical faults due to alternators and batteries. A Haldex oil change will certainly do it no harm what do ever. defo worth doing at £70 for the parts. On my car I found that it would throw up the traction control warning as the alternator started to fail...
Cheers Martin ill stick a battery on tonight and let you know the outcome, i will defo do the Haldex filter and fluid as the car is on 119k and i have no history of it being done

·
Registered
533 Posts
... will defo do the Haldex filter and fluid as the car is on 119k and i have no history of it being done
119k is pretty good going if it has not been done. My 2011 needed done at about half of that mileage. Ford say it should be “maintenance free” but in mine the oil was so congealed and hard packed it was better to just replace the whole thing. From reading other experiences there appears to have been a bad batch about that time but Ford should really have it in the service schedule like other Haldex users.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the car august last year and ive never done it i changed cambelt at 117k because when i looked it had origional belt still on 🙈 still ill change the filter and oil for peice at mind but the battery has hopefully cured it nothing has happend since i changed it 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts