Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I was initially expecting delivery of my Kuga in about two weeks time. Spoke to the Manchester dealer yesterday and he confirmed that the vehicle has now been built and released from the factory, however it wouldbe transported to a compound inabout 10 to 14 days time stored on a compound and then transported onto thedocks before crossing the sea. It willarriveatSouthampton UK docks then it will be stored dock side and then transprted to a compound for a week or so awaiting transport it will then be transported to another compound awaiting final release then be transported up to dealer in Manchester it's approximate journey is1000 miles and the salesman has told me it will be available for collection in fingers crossed in 4/5 weeks timearound thenlast week in July. Any Logistics experts out there? it just seems an awfullong wait from actually being built to leaving the factory in Saalouis Germany and then over to the UK and then upto the dealership.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I shall look out for any Kuga's and hopefully takes some pictures, as the Ford holding compound is next to where I park the car for when I travel to the Isle of Wight from Southampton.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Must get out of the habit from saying "car"......"Beast or SUV" Slapped legs. lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told the same last year my expected date for the car was the 1st August it actually arrived Late June 2008 The car was ordered as a factory build late May 2008

·
Registered
439 Posts
When I initially ordered mine with what I wanted I was thentold It would be better to choose one that was already built and in the UK, because by the time a new build arrives the figures will have changed as in the price for mine would need to be reviewed. So I went through all the ones that appeared on the computer and got a second lot of forms printed out, why I couldnt have just done that to start with and not go through the new build way I dont know. Anyway was told the one I had chosen was in Glasgow and with me being in Edinburgh it shouldnt take long. Was quoted 3 weeks but should arrive sooner than that! I phoned the dealer into the fourth week and was told it was at the docks having just arrived in the UK and should be up in a few days!!! Totally confused by the whole thing since I had to change my order originally to get one in UK then got one from Germany!! Got it at the end of the fourth week

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your posts unfortunately there were no vehicles available/ built in the UK apparently. Kuga's are about as rare as puffins teeth, is that rare dunno is it? interesting, When the dealer quoted 5/6 weeks to get from the factory OK it's a thousand miles away however the four of us could of pushed it from there to thethe North West (not through the sea obviously) but you know what I mean, my neighbour one of those people who can turn his hand to anything reckons he could actually make a Ford Kuga in that time anyway will keep you posted as to any developments and appreciate your responses.

·
Registered
136 Posts
if i were you, i would tell them to stuff it- ask for a refund, then get one of the next generation models out mid july onwards

there was a post on here a while back saying the spec is to change

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Moggith.Re: 2009 July/AugustSPEC CHANGE .. .. .. any details? I have a frozen white Kuga as my wallpaper the front endis slightly different in that there is no bumper insert running across the centre of lowerfront grille it has silver trim outlining twotriangles inside both sides of front grillewhere the centre bumper which houses the number plate was. When I mentioned this picture on the web and askedsalesmanspecifically about the photoie, any front grille or major spec changes he said that he was aware of this photo and accessed the picture and I was told this photo was either a future Kuga sportmodel or a non Ford kit add on?and as far as he was aware no major spec changes were being planned for the Kuga, however he didmentioned that people can read exclusive stuff in the likes of Auto Express and usuallydealerships are always the last to be informed, thought .. .. and probably for very obvious reasons, however he did mention that a Kuga Coupe was being planned which I believe is spot on?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Moggith, New to site thanks for that I was just trawling through the site and found it Kugabage, and found the picture of the white Kuga with the front end styling kit courtesy of Undertaker &Daisbuys when I returned to respond you had already replied appreciate that. Yeah the 2009 Q3 changes appear to be confined to the Zetec modelI have ordered the Titanium so according to the threadyou kindly provided I should benefit from an increased capacity fuel tank , but like the rear flip down tables which apparently were dropped by FordI suspect that something will be added or taken away again. Regards &Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rear seat trays .... Gone.

Always remember that The Ford giveth and the Ford taketh away . . . . Oh dearso verywrong

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered my Moondust Silver Titanium 3 weeks ago 1st week in July2wd satnav,park assist, 18" wheels, USB, etc have been told to expect delivery 2nd week September seems an awful long wait for a Ford not very happy but will just have to bite the bullet

·
Registered
296 Posts
Themancunian,
Oredered mine same time, 1st week of July and after requesting Euro plateslast week I was informed mine would be due 1st or 2nd week of October. Mine is a work lease vehicle and is not due to be changed until October 1st but I was surprised that it may not be available until the second week? The past 5 weeks have flown so hopefully the wait won't seem too long.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
59 Kuga very nice It will soon pass trust meMy Kuga is almost three weeks old now and has been well worth the wait. From manufacturer it took about a month to arrive at dealers? . . . don't ask, no idea why. Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

The exact spec I wanted was pre-built and waitingin the compound in Belgium. It took just over 3 weeks to get from the compound to north Scotland, faster than the dealer had quoted.

Derek

Kuga Zetec AWD, vision, appearance pack

·
Registered
156 Posts
hello bobuptown
Are you referring to the new style Kuga individual which (I believe) is being launched at the Paris motor show.

Trouble is I thought the PM show was only held every two years and the next one ain't due until 2010.

I think siopa.gormod was talking about this yesterday (in the main message centre) when she was asking about whether they were available over here yet. I have only ever seen a photo of one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts