Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning all

how you doing today?

i've ordered by Kuga, take delivery on sept 1st !!!! yippie...

i need to change the aerial on it ASAP as it will hit my garage door. I'm assuming its a standard ford screw on aerial?? Can anyone please tell me, is it a male or female connection aerial and typically 5 or 6mm..

does anyone know which alternatives i can buy that are no longer than about 20cm long?

thanks for all your help, happy kuga driving....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi DavidStanley.
I have seen your post for the last few days. I suspect that no-one has replied because it means they will have to go and measure the aerial on their Kuga etc. I have done just that.

It is 55Centimetres long (21and a half inches approx).

The thread on the aerial is MALE and is approx 5mm in diameter (roughly 3 sixteenths of an inch dia).

I wouldn't try to guess the type of thread as it is evening and the male thread is inside the bell end of the outer aerial.

Over to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have a look on ebay.
If you type in Kuga Aerial, the search comes back with a few.

One is only 90mm long (chrome/silver) for £2.99 and £2.30 p+p

I don't know if it is DAB compatable, have a look.

Dave

·
Registered
855 Posts
I was in the same boat as you and so swapped the aerial for a spare honda one i had in the garage. Didn't look quite right so had a spare one from a corsa and cut that one down to the right length so it would fit in the garage

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
excellent thanks everyone for your help.

i'll jump onto Ebay tonight and have a look.

Just got invited down to the ford garage. My kuga has arrived in yesterday ready for prep. I have to leave it sitting in the compound for 2 weeks now until the 1st ! never mind it'll be worth the wait

1 - 6 of 6 Posts