Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my Kuga since April and only done 5k miles, now the clutch has started to slip in top over 2k revs, its booked in with ford dealer next wed 21st, is this a common fault. btw i dont drive hard and look after the vechicle

·
Registered
645 Posts
Not heard of it before mate, so I dont think its a common issue?

Sorry cant be more help, but you know how it is, anything mechanical can fail at any time...

Andy

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Slave cylinder leaking is a common ish fault.

Leaks brake fluid onto the clutch causing it to slip, should be covered under warrenty.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Push for the warranty solution, as Morph suggests.

However, if they do not agree, then insist that they keep all components that they remove, insist that they allow you to monitor the repair (it wouldn't be the first time I have heard of a dealer showing you any old cr4p that they had lying about, telling you this was what they 'replaced' on your motor!).

Slipping clutches can and do happen - it is a pet hate of mine, watching folk riding the clutch at a junction or traffic lights, when they should really have applied the handbrake. It is even MORE annoying when those gits 'get away with it', by selling on their clapped-out junk-mobiles BEFORE the clutch actually fails - leaving others to pick up the repair bill further on down the line.

Whenever I test drive a new motor (I never buy 'brand new' - I am just not that stupid), I always try a basic 'clutch test' (even with the salesman watching - I don't care) by keeping the handbrake on, raising revs to about 2500, and then lifting the clutch to determine what kind of 'bite' I get. Ideally, the engine should just stall. If I get any kind of misbehaviour, I would be looking at either a different vehicle, or would be looking for a clutch replacement as part of the deal.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Niall

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi i have an kuga 2.0l awd with 29189 on clock and a slipping clutch, mine was fine until ford dealer took the gearbox out for a repair, they did try and go via warrenty but came back no its weare and tear, i had to get manager involved as we have had loads of issues and repairs, hes now going to get it changed, so im guessing hes going to find a reason to get warrenty to pay for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts