Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium TDCI 64 plate, Diesel Automatic AWD, 177BHP
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've recently bought my Kuga 2015, 2L Diesel Automatic on the 30th of June. I filled it full tank on that day. After 7 days, it went down to half tank. I do urban driving and not too much motorways. My mpg is 37.7. Is this normal for a Kuga to go half tank after 7 days? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,226 Posts
Hi @Kuga 2L Automatic - Welcome to the forum. Please have a read of the link below and update your SIGNATURE box with your car's details. Please show manufacture year, exact model, fuel type etc.

37.7 mpg is ok around the city, certainly for an automatic. About 42 mpg on a run. As you have recently bought the car did you check the cars history on the gearbox servicing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Getting 38.9 mpg, trying to hit 40mpg mark.

Just had my 4th service and gear box oil change £725 with Ford dealership.

Service on my car is every 2 years however do an oil change each year for £115. Bonus is free Ford breakdown with each service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @Kuga 2L Automatic - Welcome to the forum. Please have a read of the link below and update your SIGNATURE box with your car's details. Please show manufacture year, exact model, fuel type etc.

37.7 mpg is ok around the city, certainly for an automatic. About 42 mpg on a run. As you have recently bought the car did you check the cars history on the gearbox servicing.
Thank you. I have entered my cars details. Quick question, is it normal for my kuga to go half tank after 7 days. I'm driving an estimate distance of 40-50 miles a day. This is my first 4x4 automatic. Secondhand rac approved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are lucky. My petrol 1.5 AWD is averaging 32mpg. Big car, fat tyres AWD all contributes to lower the mpg.
Thank you. How many times in a month do you fill up your kuga? I might need to fill up twice or or just a bit more to get me to the end of the month.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
146 Posts
Getting around 37mpg, no matter what. Never seen the dizzy heights of 40mpg. I must confess i do not hang around. If there any police watchers, i obey the speed limits.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you. How many times in a month do you fill up your kuga? I might need to fill up twice or or just a bit more to get me to the end of the month.
If I am going to the office regularly, 150 mile round trip, fill up every 2 days. Normally about 3/4 of a tank. Car doesnt get used much between times.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thank you. I have entered my cars details. Quick question, is it normal for my kuga to go half tank after 7 days. I'm driving an estimate distance of 40-50 miles a day. This is my first 4x4 automatic. Secondhand rac approved.
All you need to do is look at the fuel consumption and fuel tank size.

Going down to half a tank is pretty meaningless as a comparison between vehicles - it depends on how accurate and linear the fuel gauge is, how big the tank is and what the fuel consumption is. The only thing that actually matters is the fuel consumption and you know what that is. Easy to convert that to £ per mile when you know the price of the fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts