Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE HAD INSURANCE PROBLEMS
HAD LETTER FROM ARRIVA INSURANCE ABOUT MY 2020 KUGA INSURANCE ,BEEN WITH THEM YEARS MULTI POLICY. HAVE TOLD ME THEY WILL NOT INSURE MY NEW KUGA WHEN POLICY NEEDS RENEWING END OF OCTOBER.REASON BECAUSE OF THE BATTERY RECALL PROBLEM ????
WHEN RECALL DONE WILL INSURANCE ..VERY STRANGE ATTITUDE ON THERE PART I THINK ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm guessing they have had a large hit of insurance claims and are loosing too much money on this make and model. (even though most should have been covered by Ford as its their battery under warranty that burnt the car down) but if you took 10x claims paid out @ £600 pre policy, £35k+ payout = £6k incoming, £350k outgoing, which = unhappy ceo bonus reduction / shareholders.
They are limiting their liability and once there are no more faulty batteries they will probably start to insure again. Insurance companies are your best friend & open armed when it comes to taking money, not so much when it's handing money out

·
Registered
Kuga ST- Line X PHEV
46 Posts
Time to move to another insurer, use comparison web sites, but also check Direct Line.

I recently saved £250 against my previous policy by going online, even though I stayed with the same company. They had already insured the PHEV by a policy change in April resulting in a £29 refund.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts