Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
kuga 2016 diesel 2.0 titanium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
On your battery/ charging ForScan screen note the bottom voltage "BAT_V_DSD" is the "desired" battery voltage- what the BCM/ BMS wants to charge the battery to. There should also be a value for the actual battery voltage which would be handy to check.

Regarding the SOC not yet reaching 100%, you will need to keep it on charge for a longer period. I found my Ctek 7 Amp charger had indicated the battery was full, but it was still taking charge. I left it connected for a day or two longer and the battery eventually reached 100% SOC on ForScan. Your charger indicated it hadn't finished (ignore the 95% it said as that would be a rough guess at best) so your battery was definitely not fully charged.

I wouldn't go changing anything in ForScan. You could end up with more problems.
Ok thank you. I'll probably wont be able to charge it till next week, as its meant to rain every day here for the rest of the week and i dont have an indoor space where to put the car, but thank you, i will let you know ☺☺

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,367 Posts
I'll probably wont be able to charge it till next week, as its meant to rain every day here for the rest of the week and i dont have an indoor space where to put the car
I gave the wife's car a Winter boost/ charge outside last week by stashing the charger in the engine bay (complete with mains power extension lead plug) and closing the bonnet. The mains extension lead was long enough to reach under the garage door, so all that was left to get wet was the extension lead cable. It did rain but everything was protected under the bonnet.

You'd obviously only want to do that with a dead cold engine- not straight after driving! 😲 Plus be 100% sure the mains power plugs aren't going to get wet and your lead is in good condition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I gave the wife's car a Winter boost/ charge outside last week by stashing the charger in the engine bay (complete with mains power extension lead plug) and closing the bonnet. The mains extension lead was long enough to reach under the garage door, so all that was left to get wet was the extension lead cable. It did rain but everything was protected under the bonnet.

You'd obviously only want to do that with a dead cold engine- not straight after driving! 😲 Plus be 100% sure the mains power plugs aren't going to get wet and your lead is in good condition.
As i dont have a garage and the car at 50 meters from the house, i can't do that unfortunately 😓, but from Sunday is supposed to be nice weather again

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,367 Posts
As i dont have a garage and the car at 50 meters from the house, i can't do that unfortunately 😓, but from Sunday is supposed to be nice weather again
So you would be one of the (many) people who would have major problems with an all electric vehicle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So you would be one of the (many) people who would have major problems with an all electric vehicle.
Yes, probably😂 also i often change house.
Anyway I'm very happy to inform you that i was driving my car yesterday night, and all of a sudden the start/stop started working💪💪 so thank you very much for all your help ☺☺.
I think now this thread can be closed ☺.
Thabks again.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.