Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
kuga 2016 diesel 2.0 titanium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a kuga 2016 titanium awd, and drives well and everything work fine.
the only thing that doesnt work is the start/stop.
when i connect to forscan ang go on dtc, this errors comes out PCM P027C:00-27, APIM B1215:00-2B, APIM U2101:00-2B, BCMII B1492:00-2F (see pictures): does anyone know what they are and how to fix them? also are they related to the start and stop not working?
View attachment 7466
View attachment 7467
View attachment 7469
View attachment 7470

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,799 Posts
Just leave it alone. Lots of folks post about issues with them and there are lots of factors than can affect its performance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found online to do a reset with the service tool of the rcm and bcm, and that worked! then one error was cause of the country code in the apim was wrong and the other was about the memory card, so there wasnt something wrong with the car. everything is good now, tomorrow i will try if the start and stop works

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,871 Posts
hello i have a kuga 2016 titanium awd, and drives well and everything work fine.
the only thing that doesnt work is the start/stop.
when i connect to forscan ang go on dtc, this errors comes out PCM P027C:00-27, APIM B1215:00-2B, APIM U2101:00-2B, BCMII B1492:00-2F (see pictures): does anyone know what they are and how to fix them? also are they related to the start and stop not working?
View attachment 7466
View attachment 7467
View attachment 7469
View attachment 7470
I am not sure how you were trying to attach a picture or file but none of your attachments are visible.

The stop start system on the Kuga is not the best. For some people it works and for others it doesn't. My car will either work every time I stop on a journey, one or twice in the same journey or not at all. Currently it is not working at all. In order for the stop start to work it depends on the battery state and there is a set criteria to be met before it activates.

A lot of people don't like it and may turn it off with Forscan. When you buy a second hand car you don't know what has been done but the original as built settings can be checked.

If your car still has the original battery then that battery will be coming towards the end of it's life. It would be false economy to replace a battery which starts the car ok just to make stop start work. It may be an idea to buy a multimeter and check the battery voltage at various times to gather what voltage your battery holds. It will never be more than 12.3volts even if you purchased a new battery. Why not give your battery a charge and then see if stop start works.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure how you were trying to attach a picture or file but none of your attachments are visible.

The stop start system on the Kuga is not the best. For some people it works and for others it doesn't. My car will either work every time I stop on a journey, one or twice in the same journey or not at all. Currently it is not working at all. In order for the stop start to work it depends on the battery state and there is a set criteria to be met before it activates.

A lot of people don't like it and may turn it off with Forscan. When you buy a second hand car you don't know what has been done but the original as built settings can be checked.

If your car still has the original battery then that battery will be coming towards the end of it's life. It would be false economy to replace a battery which starts the car ok just to make stop start work. It may be an idea to buy a multimeter and check the battery voltage at various times to gather what voltage your battery holds. It will never be more than 12.3volts even if you purchased a new battery. Why not give your battery a charge and then see if stop start works.
Sorry, i don't know why the pics are not visible anymore, i will attach them again here.
I have a cigarette lighter splitter that read the voltage, and when the car is running os about 14.7v and when is of if i shut everything straight away is around 11.8/12.2v but if i play the stereo or live the splitter on (as has turbocharger usb built in) it can go down to 11.2/11.4v.
I solved all the faults in the car today so i will test it tomorrow and see if i can get it to work .
Thank you, i will let you know tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,620 Posts
That BCM code is normally associated with a crash flag (fuel cut off due to collision).

How long have you owned it?.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hello friends, i tried my car with errors solved and start and stop enabled on forscan but start and stop doesnt work.
i tried everything i could find online (see pictures):
-off button on on
-shut off climate
-stereo off
-steering wheel straight
- obviously gear in neutral
-lights off
-temperature at right degrees
-car on flat level surface
-battery at 14.5v when engine running and 12.5v when off

anyone know how to help or what else to try?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi @ Matteocrosi98

From reading posts on this forum and my own experience, stop/start is as reliable as a teenager.
Your battery has to be in top condition, well charged, air con set to low, etc, etc.
Have you tried charging your battery overnight, or going for a 200 mile drive. (The latter normally restarts my Stop/start depending on how many days the car has not been run/done short runs.

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,367 Posts
Have a browse on ForScan and you'll be able to pull up the calculated battery SOC (State of Charge) and also the battery charging current. If the state of charge is low (say around 70% or less) then S/S is unlikely to work. Someone else may be able to give a more accurate %.

If you've got a battery charger then charge the battery overnight. Connect the negative of the charger to the earth stud on the suspension tower and the positive to the battery terminal. Check the if the SOC has increased and then try driving it and see if S/S beings to work again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi @ Matteocrosi98

From reading posts on this forum and my own experience, stop/start is as reliable as a teenager.
Your battery has to be in top condition, well charged, air con set to low, etc, etc.
Have you tried charging your battery overnight, or going for a 200 mile drive. (The latter normally restarts my Stop/start depending on how many days the car has not been run/done short runs.
No i haven't done such a long drive recently. Does it work only on long drives?

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,799 Posts
Just popped out to the shop, stood at light less than a 1/4 I’d a mile from home, stop start worked. That’s because I forgot to turn it off. Lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just popped out to the shop, stood at light less than a 1/4 I’d a mile from home, stop start worked. That’s because I forgot to turn it off. Lol
Do you have any settings different from me? Or something that i didn't do?
I cant get it to work

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,799 Posts
My dash is configured in a different way.

I noted that you stop/start button was to the right of centre.

Mine is to the extreme left, heated steering, boot opening, parking sensors off and lastly self park/space finder.

There is also the auto stop feature tick box like you have located in the settings menu.

I know it can be annoying when something doesn’t work but for me it’s annoying when it works. Odd eh? When I’ve tried it in the past, it hasn’t cut the engine off for that long due to the load placed from the aircon etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had everything off and all the conditions that i posted in post #8.
I just read in @murcod post and somewhere else that i need to check the state of charge in % and that the car might need a battery system reset or might need to be recalibrate.
(It might be that the battery its been replaced before i bought the car).
Does anyone has a guide to suggest or know how to do that?

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,620 Posts
The Battery Management System is part of the Body Control Module.

Have a good look around the BCM section in FORScan (possibly Module Configuration section).

As said first thing to check is SOC, you could probably do that in the Logging section, select BCM from the menu then all the logged PIDs will be displayed.

Just take your time, once you know your way around FORScan it is a very powerful diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Battery Management System is part of the Body Control Module.

Have a good look around the BCM section in FORScan (possibly Module Configuration section).

As said first thing to check is SOC, you could probably do that in the Logging section, select BCM from the menu then all the logged PIDs will be displayed.

Just take your time, once you know your way around FORScan it is a very powerful diagnostic tool.
Thank you very much for your response, sorey could you explain me better the part to check the soc? Cause i didnt understand. What are the logged pids?

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,303 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,871 Posts
@matteocrosi98 - I see that your little device plugged into you cigarette lighter is reading 12.5 volts. Either that is reading incorrect or someone has been having a play with the settings on your car. The smart charging system on the Kuga is designed to keep the battery at a set 12.3 volts. You could take the battery off the car and charge it to say 12.8volts but within 20 minutes or so on reconnecting it to to the car it will read 12.3 volts. This is done by load shedding.

I would buy a multimeter from Screwfix or similar outlet and check it properly on the battery.

I would also check the APIM and BCM settings from the asbuilt file for your car and check with what Forscan shows from the car. You can save the asbuilt setting as a PDF when you view them online at motorcraftservice.com or just take a screen snip of them.

Don't change anything. Post any discrepancies on here. For what it's worth my stop start isn't working at all at present.

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,367 Posts
The smart charging system on the Kuga is designed to keep the battery at a set 12.3 volts.
That's not technically correct. The battery would never charge if that was the case. The voltage will vary, but as stated it is designed to try and minimise the engine load when the battery charges. Normal voltage range is something like 12.2V to 15.1V (from my bad memory.) The higher voltage is used when the system detects the battery has been at a low SOC for a period of time and requires a "refresh" charge to minimise sulphur build up on the battery plates.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.