Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.0 tdci Titanium, manual, Shadow black, heated seats, heated steering wheel, privacy glass
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have put a deposit on a 2017 Kuga 2.0 Titanium diesel. I really just wondered what they're like to own and if there is anything to watch out for/ be mindful of owning one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nick R.
We are a very friendly bunch of guys n girls on here and lots of experience with the vehicle in question ;)
I personally LOVE my MK1 Kuga, Yes it's an older version of the car but it still has plenty to speak highly about.
For me the driving position is great where you can see very easy above smaller cars, It's NOT a boy racers car (been there done that) but can still get up there if you put your foot down (takes a little longer to achieve warp factor tho) and for me the comfort is good too.
Lots of room when you need to transport all that crap from the garden to the tip or carry a few friends or family about.
It looks good (when its had a good wash) and drives well.

Just my opinion of MY Kuga matey, enjoy your new motor when it arrives.

Ken :)

·
Registered
2017 2.0 tdci Titanium, manual, Shadow black, heated seats, heated steering wheel, privacy glass
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum Nick R.
We are a very friendly bunch of guys n girls on here and lots of experience with the vehicle in question ;)
I personally LOVE my MK1 Kuga, Yes it's an older version of the car but it still has plenty to speak highly about.
For me the driving position is great where you can see very easy above smaller cars, It's NOT a boy racers car (been there done that) but can still get up there if you put your foot down (takes a little longer to achieve warp factor tho) and for me the comfort is good too.
Lots of room when you need to transport all that crap from the garden to the tip or carry a few friends or family about.
It looks good (when its had a good wash) and drives well.

Just my opinion of MY Kuga matey, enjoy your new motor when it arrives.

Ken :)
  • Ah thanks Ken. It's nice to hear positive things about the comfort and space. Your probably right about the boy racer comment I too have been there many times before 😂. But I need a bigger car for the family and both the wife and I loved the look of the Kuga. I was impressed with the luggage space and can only imagine how much rubbish I can get in there especially with the seats folded down. I'm sure the wife will take advantage of that lol. Thanks for the reply. It seems nice and friendly on here. Keep safe.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have a 2017 model Kuga and to be honest, the Kuga is one of, if not the best , car I have ever owned. I am now on my 3rd Kuga in 6 years, initially took some getting used to with the higher driving position but I wouldn’t go back to a standard car now, just take into consideration that it is a completely different kind of drive and when you get used to it I think you will come to same conclusion as I did...............enjoy the ride and ask the forum about anything, however trivial, members are very helpful
Ronnie

·
Registered
364 Posts
Great car in my opinion, I`m on my 4th, first was a diesel and the rest petrol because I dont really do the milage to warrant a diesel and no DPF problems but you can get that with any diesel, enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2017 model Kuga and to be honest, the Kuga is one of, if not the best , car I have ever owned. I am now on my 3rd Kuga in 6 years, initially took some getting used to with the higher driving position but I wouldn’t go back to a standard car now, just take into consideration that it is a completely different kind of drive and when you get used to it I think you will come to same conclusion as I did...............enjoy the ride and ask the forum about anything, however trivial, members are very helpful
Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie. It's nice to hear that people have lots of positive things to say about the Kuga. I just admit I think the high position may take a while to get used to but when I sat in one a little while back it just felt right straight away. I've had many cars that just don't give me that feeling but i think this one will be great. I'm really excited to get it but with current lockdown I've got to wait☹. Hopefully not much longer. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
476 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I've had my Kuga since October 18, when it had 9k miles on the clock. I've had other Fords (most recently before the Kuga a 1.0 Ecoboost Focus Titanium) and generally like the Ford experience. The Kuga is magnificent. I bought it because we needed a car capable of towing a caravan. The Kuga eats that task.

But, in everyday life I love the car, I still get excited getting into the car to drive it. I get around mid 40's per gallon, the car is really comfortable and capable and surprisingly quick. I'm certain when I come to replace it, it'll be another Kuga (probably the new model). Servicing costs (as I've generally found with Ford) are reasonable even from main dealers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Forum. I've had my Kuga since October 18, when it had 9k miles on the clock. I've had other Fords (most recently before the Kuga a 1.0 Ecoboost Focus Titanium) and generally like the Ford experience. The Kuga is magnificent. I bought it because we needed a car capable of towing a caravan. The Kuga eats that task.

But, in everyday life I love the car, I still get excited getting into the car to drive it. I get around mid 40's per gallon, the car is really comfortable and capable and surprisingly quick. I'm certain when I come to replace it, it'll be another Kuga (probably the new model). Servicing costs (as I've generally found with Ford) are reasonable even from main dealers

Hi

Thanks Larry.
It's great to hear all the positive comments. We also have a Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 125 Titanium. I have to say I'm the 5 years we've had it there have been no major issues. I love the way ford have developed over the years and they certainly have a premium feel to them. I can't wait to collect it after the lockdown.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Nick R
Welcome to the forum as others have said loads of friendly folks on here to help you with any questions you might have regarding the kuga
I have a 2017 AWD 2.0 ltr 180 diesel titanium,loads of extras heated steering wheel,sunroof,reverse camera,front,rear,side sensors,parking aid,Bliss,ETC.in platinum white,best car I have owned always had ford.nice driving position,I have owned it since December 2017 (Registration in March 2017).cant say I have had any major problems with it,,did have problem with the sync 3 screen going on and off randomly got that fixed,,Alarm going off random times but no indicators flashing,,went off once when driving,,could not turn it off even opening the doors turning the engine on,,stopped on it’s own got that fixed was a faulty alarm sender,,got that fixed,,no other problem,,hope you will be happy with yours and no major issues

Ross

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I’m on number five and maybe number six when all this chaos is over.
enjoy and welcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Nick R
Welcome to the forum as others have said loads of friendly folks on here to help you with any questions you might have regarding the kuga
I have a 2017 AWD 2.0 ltr 180 diesel titanium,loads of extras heated steering wheel,sunroof,reverse camera,front,rear,side sensors,parking aid,Bliss,ETC.in platinum white,best car I have owned always had ford.nice driving position,I have owned it since December 2017 (Registration in March 2017).cant say I have had any major problems with it,,did have problem with the sync 3 screen going on and off randomly got that fixed,,Alarm going off random times but no indicators flashing,,went off once when driving,,could not turn it off even opening the doors turning the engine on,,stopped on it’s own got that fixed was a faulty alarm sender,,got that fixed,,no other problem,,hope you will be happy with yours and no major issues

Ross
Hi Ross. Thanks for the post. It seems that everyone is like minded and loves their Kuga. That is very reassuring. It's good that you still love yours. Those issues you had are probably just one of those random things I guess. There is often little niggles along the way. I'm glad to hear all of positivity around these cars. Mine is a July 17 plate Titanium in black. Heated seats and steering wheel. I'm so excited 😁 take care.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi Nick R and welcome to the forum. A few of the regulars to the forum in the posts above. I guess I am one too. One advantage of owning a Kuga is this forum. My last car was a Mazda 6 and posting on the Mazda forum may generate a reply in about 3 to 6 months lol. I remember when I first got my Kuga I didn't click with it and posted on here not really wanting to call the car when so many owners are happy. I got an instant response and all were positive. The problem I had was keeping my previous car too long but I loved that Mazda 6. It kept me safe for 7 years and I never owned a car that long. It took me quite a while to get used to the Kuga and think I was expecting too much to start with. The Kuga is not perfect and possibly less so than my Mazda, but after 15 months of owning, if I was looking at getting rid, another Kuga would be on my list. I have owned many makes of car so not loyal to ford at all but overall the Kuga ticks a lot of boxes and a second hand Kuga in good condition will always be attractive to sell on. One of the only cars I had where I can get a 3m length of coving or skirting in which saves me having to couple up to a trailer.

The car is better on mpg around the city than my Mazda. Its only really ever been out of the city twice and no dpf issues like I had with the Mazda. Wife loves it as she says it's more comfortable than her Mokka. I find it easy to clean and the Kuga is a good all round utility vehicle. Only thing I don't like is the body roll on mine but then that reminds me maybe I should ease it back a little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Nick R and welcome to the forum. A few of the regulars to the forum in the posts above. I guess I am one too. One advantage of owning a Kuga is this forum. My last car was a Mazda 6 and posting on the Mazda forum may generate a reply in about 3 to 6 months lol. I remember when I first got my Kuga I didn't click with it and posted on here not really wanting to call the car when so many owners are happy. I got an instant response and all were positive. The problem I had was keeping my previous car too long but I loved that Mazda 6. It kept me safe for 7 years and I never owned a car that long. It took me quite a while to get used to the Kuga and think I was expecting too much to start with. The Kuga is not perfect and possibly less so than my Mazda, but after 15 months of owning, if I was looking at getting rid, another Kuga would be on my list. I have owned many makes of car so not loyal to ford at all but overall the Kuga ticks a lot of boxes and a second hand Kuga in good condition will always be attractive to sell on. One of the only cars I had where I can get a 3m length of coving or skirting in which saves me having to couple up to a trailer.

The car is better on mpg around the city than my Mazda. Its only really ever been out of the city twice and no dpf issues like I had with the Mazda. Wife loves it as she says it's more comfortable than her Mokka. I find it easy to clean and the Kuga is a good all round utility vehicle. Only thing I don't like is the body roll on mine but then that reminds me maybe I should ease it back a little.
Ah thanks for the reply. It's nice to get a good honest review and a different perspective. It's always hard when you've had something for so long. I've never had an SUV so I am nervous but I'm sure I'll love it. It's 1 car both myself and my wife agreed on. The dpf part is promising as it's something I was worried about as my mileage isn't really high per year but they're getting cheaper to replace if necessary anyway. Thank you for the post and take care.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome Nick R,
As the others above have said it’s a really great, friendly forum and you can get answers for most things or problems. This is my first Kuga after owning two LRs and I find it really good. Had a prob with a water leak in the roof, but it was all resolved to my satisfaction in the end and it’s been fine since. As others have said they take a bit of getting used to with the higher driving position but I think once you have driven for a while you won’t want to go back to a lower saloon type. Enjoy it once it arrives and I don’t think you will regret the choice.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Let us know when you get the Kuga and put the details in your signature like we all have done (well most),it would help other forum users when you need help or advice and it saves you repeating what spec kuga you when you seek advice.
Enjoy the kuga when you get it mate.

Ross

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi nick like others have said welcome to the forum , I can only agree with what others have said the kuga is a great all round suv, I've owned two 2.0ltr tdci awd 163ps titanium xsport & now currently own 2.0ltr 180 awd stline x, the only things I've changed on them are the service parts reliability has been excellent, just enjoy 👍

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi. I have put a deposit on a 2017 Kuga 2.0 Titanium diesel. I really just wondered what they're like to own and if there is anything to watch out for/ be mindful of owning one. Thanks in advance.
Hi Nick
have you took delivery of the Kuga yet?. I suppose not,with most dealers closed,,keep us up to date.

Ross

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Nick
have you took delivery of the Kuga yet?. I suppose not,with most dealers closed,,keep us up to date.

Ross
Hi Ross.
No unfortunately not yet. As long as everything stays the way it is I am set to collect this Friday. I'll see definately keep you posted. I'm so excited 😁

·
Registered
Ford Kuga titanium x sport
4 Posts
I’ve had my titanium x sport for a year now and it gets used a lot probably done 45k in a year I was also a lover of hot hatch’s had a couple of big power cars but we all have to grow up great cars mine Is a 180 model which had been remapped by AMD and now pushing around 220 and still very reliable great cars lots of comfort enjoy it you won’t be disappointed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts