• No way

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium 2017 (old version) 1.5T petrol
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm about to buy a 2016 Kuga trend 1.5T petrol and wish to know if there are any common issues that I should know of.
If there are- how bad is it? Is there a way to predict it in a garage?
Obviously I will take it to a checkup before purchasing.

Thank you!

Some extra details:
The car is owned by a single driver, 105,000 km, looks pretty good, no accidents, seems like he took care of it well.
About me:
I use my car mostly for taking my kids to their kindergartens and to drive to work (about 1 hour for each direction,. 2 times a week)
I'm from Israel, I don't know where Ford delivers the cars from.
It's a pretty hot place, I use the air-conditioning system quite a lot, drive on regular roads ( but a bit bumpy). I don't push my car to its limit and drive safe

I'm looking for a specious car that will survive about 10-15 years (the more the merrier)

Thanks!

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,552 Posts
Can you get the 2.0l EcoBoost? That's a lot safer bet, particularly the models prior to the 2017 update.

The auto trans is also something to keep an eye on, Ford specify a 16yr service interval between oil changes in most markets. It needs to be done more often to maximise the transmission's life.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi all, today I was about to buy a Kuga trend 2016 1.5T and after paying for a checkup I found that the seller is a lier ("forgot" to mention that the car was rental before he bought it...)

I'm in contact with a seller of a Kuga Titanium 1.5T 2017 Automatic petrol.
Are there any known issues with it?
I know the trend version may have coolant problems, does this apply to Titanium as well?

Thanks everyone!
I really appreciate this forum and the help of you all!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The Titanium uses the same engine as the Trend, it's only the trim level which is different, the Titanium is nicer finished with more features.
How many K's has this Kuga done, does it have any service history?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Titanium uses the same engine as the Trend, it's only the trim level which is different, the Titanium is nicer finished with more features.
How many K's has this Kuga done, does it have any service history?

The Titanium has gone 102,000 Km, 2 drivers before me.

I had a mistake- the trend was 2016, the Titanium is 2017 as I mentioned.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you get the 2.0l EcoBoost? That's a lot safer bet, particularly the models prior to the 2017 update.

The auto trans is also something to keep an eye on, Ford specify a 16yr service interval between oil changes in most markets. It needs to be done more often to maximise the transmission's life.
Unfortunately, I can't.
How often should I do it?

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,552 Posts
Here's the Australian Servicing Schedule for the models up to 2017. Note on pages 43 and 44 under the "Automatic Transmission Oil 6F35" the normal interval is 16 years/ 240000km, the box below is "Severe Conditions" and recommends 60000km. The 60000km would be the wisest interval if you're keeping it long term.

People commonly do a simple "drain and refill" more often- that replaces about 4 litres out of the 8.5 litre total capacity.

(The same transmission is used in the 2017- 2019 models.)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the Australian Servicing Schedule for the models up to 2017. Note on pages 43 and 44 under the "Automatic Transmission Oil 6F35" the normal interval is 16 years/ 240000km, the box below is "Severe Conditions" and recommends 60000km. The 60000km would be the wisest interval if you're keeping it long term.

People commonly do a simple "drain and refill" more often- that replaces about 4 litres out of the 8.5 litre total capacity.

(The same transmission is used in the 2017- 2019 models.)
I usually do a "drain and refill" once a year or 2. Is that supposed to be good enough?

Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts