Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am taking delivery of new Kuga Titanium early September and was wondering how the keylees ignition works does the Kuga have a heater plug where you have to wait a few seconds before firing the engine or what, How do you operate the keyless ignition also how do you activate alarm when leaving the vehicle any help please

Thanks

JohnK

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
On a cold start as long as the key fob is anywhere in the car, whilst keeping your foot on the clutch, press the power button once on the center console. Wait for the glowplug light in the rev dial to go off (takes 1 to 2 seconds max) then press the power button again and off you go.

You'll not be able to fire up the engine without first pressing the clutch in and a message will appear in the info panel warning you of this.

If I'm out and about making a couple of calls etc once the engine has warmed up I can climb in and press the button once and away we go without the need to wait for the glowplug light to go out.

To turn the engine off just press the power button once, there's no need to press the clutch etc as you would with the start process.

You active the alarm by pressing the button on the key fob twice. Although I'm not sure whether this is different for the keyless entry option.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
65 Posts
With the keyless option, there is a small button on the outside door handle you press or you can use the fob but then you would need to remove it from your pocket

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am confused over this keyless entry.

I have a bog standard titanium, with a keyhole in the drivers door. Everything that Gazwats says is exactly as I see it. I have heard mention of this button on the door.

Anyone out there with this keyless system care to enlighten us?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You use the button on the exterior door handle to lock the caronce you have exited the vehicle, you can push it once or twice as you would on the key fob, you do not use it to open the car as when you are next to the car it detects your fob and unlocks when you pull the door handle, hence keyless entry. There is a standard keyhole incase the fob is not detected (low battery etc).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks silica666.
That would be handy. I must admit I don't know where to put the "keys" once I've opened the door. It would be even better to leave them in my pocket.

But when you press the door handle button (twice) to lock - doesn't the kuga sense your presence and unlock them again. Or is there a time lag. Or am I just being stupid.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry silica666 I am being stupid.

You said it unlocks when you pull the door handle. thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If keyless entry it will detect you if you have key and stood close enough to the car, when you pull the handle to open, it will unlock and open the door in one motion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also a feature that I finduseful is press and hold the door button for a couple of seconds and it auto closes any windows that aren't closed. Great for absent minded passengers and driver

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all
Thanks for info - thanks to themancunian for raising the question.

I reckon that keyless entry would behandy. Never mind I'm stuck with what I've got.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi there all,
maybe you did not know this, but you can shut all your windows with the fob by pressing the lock button and keeping your finger on it for 3 seconds this will close all windows which where left open.

KUGA BOY.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Kugaboy
Yes its called global closing. I usually close all my windows before I stop the engine and switch off ignitionso I find it useful when I've got out of the car and found a window open.

There is lots more little goodies to find on your Kuga yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts