Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lock my front door, put fob in pocket, and the rest is history so to speak. I have noticed in the centre console, is a key holder, is this where my key should go, or i am ok driving along with it jamming in my leg(joking).

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is where you place the key in case the system cannot recognise your key remotely, I believe, in case the battery fails for instance.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes, thats what the centre console dock is for, my keys never come out of my pocket

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes I have a key thing in cemtre also a place halfway down steering column door side.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts
I leave my keys is my pocket too, plus the rattling would drive me nuts if I left them out o_O

If you ever have a problem with the car reading the key or maybe the fob is getting low on battery, then yes put it in the middle for best communication :geek:

Reactions: tsmiggy

·
Registered
259 Posts
The worse thing is when you're cleaning the car with the key fob in your pocket - the car goes nuts when you're cleaning near the handle or hose it down near it! So have to use a 'Farraday' type pouch or leave the key inside the house! 😂

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts
DELETED

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts
The worse thing is when you're cleaning the car with the key fob in your pocket - the car goes nuts when you're cleaning near the handle or hose it down near it! So have to use a 'Farraday' type pouch or leave the key inside the house! 😂
"Farrady pouch"!!! :ROFLMAO: do they even actually exist? If not, let's go 50/50 on a new Kickstarter campaign to change that!

I'd be lying if I'd never inadvertently closed the boot on myself whiles rummaging around in there, keys in pocket :whistle:

·
Registered
747 Posts
The tailgate has closed on myself a few times while getting shopping out of the boot with keys in pocket..Once I thought the power tailgate was not closing,,I was in work and changed from my hi viz vest to my hi viz coat,,I pressed the button on the tailgate to close but nothing happened i then saw something on the dash,went to look and It said keys still in vehicle or something like that,,I realised I hadn’t taken the keys out of the hi viz vest pocket when I had the keys with me it then closed.You learn something everyday lol.
I have the farrady pouches for the house,,but now use a old tin.

Ross

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I keep my key fob in a pouch then in a Batman 'Gadgets' Tin! 🤣

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts
We could start a whole new thread on this subject alone!

Who'd of thought there would such diversity in car key stowage :LOL:

Reactions: SiJY
1 - 13 of 13 Posts