Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do multi-storey car parks insist on using narrow entrances with a 90 degree turn and high kerbing, i was in Perthtoday needed to use a car park, got to the entrance went to turn into the carpark but couldn't get around the tight corner, so i had to back up and try again..success. Started to drive down the lane watching for the kerb on my side when i heard this grinding/crunching sound, i knew straight away what had happend, pulled up, got out, yep half the rim of my 19" alloy on the opposite sidechipped away.

What i noticed about the car park, kerbs twice as high as they needed to be, lanes barely 7' wide, kerbs painted black, wall at the entrance heavily marked with bumper paint where the 90 degree turn is.

Found a place that will strip the paint, repair, respray, refit tyre, new valve and rebalance the wheel for £60

rant over

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am so sorry. It makes you SO mad when something like this happens. The first 'dink' is always the worst too. If you are like me you keep looking at the damage, somehow hoping it wasn't as bad as you thought
but it usually is.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi silica666 the same thing manchester airport,but revive charge £30 and come to your house or place of work,19 inch wheels are easy to kerb not much tyre protection,could have been your tyre do not want to shock you but i looked at a replacement tyre £200 for are 19 inch wheels ouch

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it from one of our local tyre fitting companies, they did have a problem sourcing one, it's still in my shed, as the repair they did is still holding, so hopefully i'll keep it then order another when i need to replace a pair of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
poor you, easy done, glad you got sorted. I kept with original 17" rims as thought ride would be better which it is, I have had few close calls with them so i really feel for you using 19". It is very easy but you always kick yourself thinking you could have avoided it??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Picked mine up today - I know what you mean about the tyres giving very little protection to the 19" alloys - even with rim protectors. Mine are Bridgestone too.

Wheels do look the business though !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. noticed your comment on kerbing your rims. Nightmare I know. I have heard of a new british product coming out to stop you scuffing your alloys on kerbs. I'm not sure on the name of it but it will come in different colours also. cost about £30 for protecting 4 wheels. Could be what we have all been looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts