Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Local place in South Wales. Its at the back of Half way car sales in Llanelli. But don't know what he is like though? As I used a place at heol y gors in Swansea, auto express I think they are called?

·
Registered
54 Posts
daisbuys said:
Local place in South Wales. Its at the back of Half way car sales in Llanelli. But don't know what he is like though? As I used a place at heol y gors in Swansea, auto express I think they are called?

Hi dai

Looks good - you're really going for that gangster look now !!

I've used the guy in the Gors myself, but for dent removal on the ST. He did an amazing job. I've seen his tiniting work on a Fiesta ST, it was good too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't think it is necessarily illegal. I thought that front windows had to let in something like 70% external natural light. If these do this, they are legal.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks really good. I could be tempted.
I gave hubby and my X3 friend a lift home from the pub the other night and he said he liked the fact my back windows were tinted in case anyone saw him in a Ford and recognized him!! Bloody cheek!
Although he did say that the dashboard controls lit up looked impressive, a bitlike an aircraft carrier

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry Mouse, I didn't mean to suggest it islegal in the Netherlands. :)

UK Law is here:

http://www.vosa.gov.ukand search for "Tinted Windows"

It says "Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985: The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%. The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them."

·
Registered
153 Posts
Typically anything above the factory tint on the fronts is illegal here in the UK, especially if you combine an aftermarket film with the factory glass. That said plenty do and plenty don't ever get stopped so enjoy, it does look very sweet.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't imagine these passing the 70% test TBH. So looks like I will have to take them off

Can't see why they should be made illegal though as vision is not affected in any way! My guess is that the police can't see you making calls on your mobile or check if your wearing a seatbelt and can't see who is driving what, so it would be hard to dicriminatepeople toprosecute then.

So once again a money making scheme from the goverment targeting the motorist.
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
295 Posts
daisbuys said:
Can't see why they should be made illegal though as vision is not affected in any way!
Main reason that it is illegal is not because it affects your vision but other people (drivers, pedestrians, etc.) must be able to see your face/eyes to communicate!
Communication is very important in these days traffic and helps to avoid accidents.
You must be able to see if another driver has seen you (especially when you are weaker, such as driving a bike or as a pedestrian).

The reasons you are mentioning (mobile phone use, privacy, etc.) don't make sense in my opinion. You cannot blame the goverment for everything (but must admit that speed cameras are everywhere for the money and not for savety reasons
)!
Edited by: mouse1277

1 - 20 of 23 Posts