Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dawned on me that the biggest problem with the kuga i have is, its the fact that the engine 2.0tdi is a flaming Citroen/Peugeot unit.
Of all the technical experience ford have, they stick a cr*ppy engine in it.
That was it, that's why most gather at garden centres.

·
Registered
NigelB is poor substitude for moderator
610 Posts
From what i read , ppl do 195hp with a 150hp engine, thats not bad at all.

Maybe its just you :)

Or maybe its the spelling? TDI? is it not TDCI

Edited by: dexterPicard

·
Registered
894 Posts
Apart from that you obviously don't like PSA, what's actually wrong with the engine?Edited by: Pennine MC

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Didn't you know?, I have no issues at all with the engine.

Happens all the time, sometimes complete cars are re-badged and sold as another make..

·
Registered
431 Posts
keithmac said:
Happens all the time, sometimes complete cars are re-badged and sold as another make..

Example - Ford build all engines that go into Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin vehicles. JLR have only recently started producing their first own built engine.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's a good engine. One of the reasons I bought the Kuga. The one in my Galaxy has done 185,000 miles. The only bits that have gone wrong have been Ford add-ons.

Bob

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The 2.0L EcoBoost in mine is the Mazda engine.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ozekuga said:
The 2.0L EcoBoost in mine is the Mazda engine.

Are you sure?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The engine was developed by Mazda when they were part of the Ford empire.After the falling out and subsequent divorce the new 2.0L Ecoboost now fitted from MY17 is a complete Ford design.

·
2,876 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I presumed you was referring to an engine bought by Ford from Mazda, as in the PSA relationship for the 2.0 diesel or the Volvo relationship for the I5 in the old RS Focus. The 2.0 may have had some Mazda design input but it's built by Ford in Valencia using Ford's own supply base.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are far fewer specific engine designs around than we might think. Engines are very expensive to design and develop so it is quite normal for manufacturers to opt to either purchase engines (quite often re-badged) from a competitor or to build them under licence (again often under their own badge) when this is the more economically sensible route. Some of these engines can be pretty old as well - albeit tweaked and improved. Often different manufacturers will add their own improvements to a licensed engine so that what can seem at first look to be a range of distinct proprietal engines turn out to be variants of a common licenced ancestor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just dawned on me that the biggest problem with the kuga i have is, its the fact that the engine 2.0tdi is a flaming Citroen/Peugeot unit.
Of all the technical experience ford have, they stick a cr*ppy engine in it.
That was it, that's why most gather at garden centres.
I have just discovered that my 2.0L TDCi titanium x AWD powershift comes with a Peugeot/Citroen engine label.
Couldn't Ford build their own engine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just discovered that my 2.0L TDCi titanium x AWD powershift comes with a Peugeot/Citroen engine label.
Couldn't Ford build their own engine?
I just found why and the answer is very ok for me. Peugeot/citroen are very reputable as Ford.
PSA Peugeot Citroën and Ford unveil new diesel engines
20 February 2003
PSA Peugeot Citroën and the Ford Motor Company unveiled new 1.6-liter and 2-liter common rail direct injection diesel engines developed under their cooperative venture. The new engines feature advanced technologies developed to reduce fuel consumption, enhance drivability, noise and vibration performance, and reduce emissions. The engines are scheduled to gradually equip both partners’ model lines in the second half of 2003.
Please log in to view the full version of this article (subscription required).
The 1.6-Liter Engine
The 1.6 liter engines—known as the HDi 1.6l in PSA Group’s cars and the Duratorq TDCi 1.6l in Ford models—will be available in 110 hp (80 kW) and 90 hp (66 kW) versions. They will equip more than 37 different vehicle versions of both partners.

·
Registered
847 Posts
the 2.3 Diesel For the Sierra was a Peugeot Citroen engine so its not new for Ford to use them,,,Morgan sports cars used a ford engine (XR2 Engine tuned to Morgans spec,,i used to assemble them when i worked for Ford).in the 80s,,the first BMW mini diesel was a toyota,,my mates freelander had a BMW engine,some or most manufactures use other companies parts,,so its not new.

Ross

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
405 Posts

This thread is over 3 years old, so the original poster may not respond.

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
405 Posts
Reactions: Ross J

·
Registered
177 Posts
I worked at Ford Dagenham and we used to build the Mazda, it was the same as the fiesta just different trim. In Australia I believe most of the Fords sold before they separated were Mazdas. As Ross said when we built Sierra at Dagenham Peugeot diesel engines were fitted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts