Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just ordered my Kuga.

I've had a Maverick for the last few years and decided to test drive the Kuga at the weekend and was amazed at how well it drove and how quiet it was, handles just like a small hatchback. I will miss the 3.0 V6 of the Maverick and the auto box, but seems a small sacrifice to make.

Got a fantastic deal on the Kuga, Zetec AWD in silver with convenience pack for £16,500, which with a FordAmbassadordiscount which I got from a friend works out to £15,500. Only downsides wereit isa fixed specification vehicle and had to be registered in January on a 58 plate and having to have dealer fit on the roof rails(£460), but hey seems well worth it for the discount.

Can't wait till I pick it up (hopefully in 2 weeks), I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Vorbis,

Welcome to the Kuga club. I to have just ordered a Kuga. That is one **** of a discount you got yourself there! Well done! The Kuga is a brilliant car, can't wait to get mine too.

Mine will also be a 58 plate if delivery is quick enough, hopefully the end of Febuary.

Let us know how you get on with your new baby!

·
Registered
212 Posts
hi
has anyone bought a kuga through drive the deal? i have been quoted £3000 less than my local dealer. But am unsure about buying a car on the internet. has anyone any advise??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Canaries,
Ihad been watching prices on both Drive the deal and Deal drivers web sites, at the tmeI ordered, Drive the deal were cheaper by about £800 so I ordered with them at the begining of January. They had already negotiated prices with a Ford main dealer to which they refer you, and that is the end of your contact with them. You then pay your modest deposit to the dealer and are then in the same position as if you had just walked in the dealer as a reguler customer except that you are several thousand pounds better off. I have phone contact with a salesman who has recently given me a build date ( this week ) and a projected delivery date ( 1st week March ) and I have also got a chassis No. Balance is to be paid on delivery. So I haven't comleted the process yet but up to now everything is going ok. Watch this space !I was lucky with my timing as I benifitted from the 15% VAT and did not incurre the new Ford Price increase.

Colin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is certainly a good time to buy, I went to my local dealer armed with drive the deal and deal drivers pricing (inc. option pricing) and to be honest it took very little discussion to get to the same level, it's only a small dealership I've ordered from and I'm not kidding when I say that every salesman in the place thanked me for my order on my way out, times must be hard for them. Then again they may always been like that

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know what you mean. I picked mine up yesterday and they seemed genuinely pleased you have walked in *their* door to buy a car. I got smiles and handshakes all round, thanking me for my business,when I walked out with the keys to mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts