Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Would that be a fail for your yearly MOT (or whatever it's called)?
That would perhaps depend on the tester. I nearly got an advisory for one of my orange indicator bulbs being too white. It looks absolutely fine to me and cannot see anywhere where the orange paint has failed.

Do you not have any vehicle testing in place in Australia. Some second hand car dealers would love that here as what is there to stop having dangerous cars and trucks on the road.

Is it also try that you don't need to take a separate test to drive a heavy goods vehicle as well. Not sure what you call them over there, road train perhaps, juggernaut, 18 wheeler.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts
Wow, that's amazing!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Crikey, Ill bet there are some death traps on the roads then......over the years our testing has been tightened up somewhat and to be honest you rarely see a badly maintained car nowadays but there are still some, usually the ones that are not taxed or insured

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
276 Posts
Crikey, Ill bet there are some death traps on the roads then......over the years our testing has been tightened up somewhat and to be honest you rarely see a badly maintained car nowadays but there are still some, usually the ones that are not taxed or insured
That's true thinking about it, yes!
Apart from about 50% of cars on the road have a headlight out, presumably between MoTs, and you can tell the people who have replaced one themselves, as they're rarely aligned and unwittingly blind everyone :rolleyes:

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
South Australia certainly has some poorly maintained cars.
We also seem to think that a policeman with no training can become an automotive engineer overnight.
He can then pull over any car he thinks is unroadworthy and give you a defect notice.
You then have to get the issue resolved and take the car to the government run vehicle inspection centre who will sign off the repair.
I think the uk MOT system is a lot better.

Reactions: Les and DogDeluxe

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
The wife got pulled over by the police a few years back for the tow ball "obscuring" the number plate. With all the other vehicles with issues like bald tyres you see driving around they chose to go for the tow ball. Why? Because (my guess) it might obscure one of their traffic light cameras, meaning the government would get less money....

BTW she's has proven in the past we'll still get speeding fines from said cameras with the tow ball in place. :mad:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts