Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD 1.5 Turbo EcoBoost Petrol Auto 180bhp
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a similar thread already exists, let me know and I'll delete this thread!

Just for Fun - Hidden Kuga Features...

I'll start,

1. On my 2014 Kuga, there is a 'secret' hidden stowage place in the floor, under the driver's seat, under a flap, accessed from behind - Unfortunately no longer present in my 2019 Kuga.

2. You can pull the centre arm rest forward to extend it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
About (1), it's just about perfect for storing the genuine Ford first-aid kit ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Precisely - I had a Mercedes one in there, given to me by a friend :p

·
Super Moderator
2,178 Posts
It was removed on MY18 cars with power seats.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have the storage under the drivers seat and got electric adjustable seats (Drivers side).

Ross

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If a similar thread already exists, let me know and I'll delete this thread!

Just for Fun - Hidden Kuga Features...

I'll start,

1. On my 2014 Kuga, there is a 'secret' hidden stowage place in the floor, under the driver's seat, under a flap, accessed from behind - Unfortunately no longer present in my 2019 Kuga.

2. You can pull the centre arm rest forward to extend it.
I knew about number 1. C-max had two, one under each seat. I will see if I have the number 2 feature.

·
Registered
280 Posts
+1 to Ross Js post above, same on mine. Did take the car back to the dealer when I first got it as every time I accelerated the arm rest seemed to move back, they checked their other stock and said it was fine. It doesn’t seem to do it now so perhaps I have calmed down and accelerate gently.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Weird, mine needs a bit of force to move front and back, doesn't sound like expected behaviour...

·
Registered
280 Posts
It must be me as it doesn’t seem to affect others, it didn’t seem to happen so easily on the long term loan car I had, but it’s not a major thing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any other takers?

I think there may be a press and hold on some controls to access hidden menus? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
To get to the secret menu for the test mode, press the start and the ok button at the same time, don't put your foot on the brake or clutch.
When in the secret menu you can scroll through all the things the techs look at when the car is in for service including overall fuel consumption and build date.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, 1 point to Ozekuga - I'll try that later (y)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've already found a double use for that gap which might help others.
My winding handle for my caravan steadies/motor mover and also my stirrup pump style tyre pump goes there too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, yes - I had forgotten about that hidden slot :)(y)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Looked at the “slot” for the rear blind, mine doesnt fit under the seat, just rechecked, yes it does from the drivers side only

·
Registered
871 Posts
The rear luggage blind, once removed, can be stored below the rear seat - slid in from the side with the rear door open. The 'casette' edge goes to the front of the car; the short 'flap' to the rear
I've known about this possibility for months, have tried a couple of times to fit my Kuga's blind (which is the one with both flaps, front and rear) in there, no luck. Can't say I've spend more than a few seconds trying to see how it might fit, but doesn't look like it fits anyway...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"I keep my Set of Boules in that slot under rear seat."

Hahaha... That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, kevjan :D :LOL:(y)
Just in case you suddenly feel the need for a game while stuck in traffic!

Reactions: Happyarry
1 - 20 of 51 Posts