Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious -why do people buy the Kuga and indeed a 4wd at all? The looks? Practical reasons -
Towing? -Light offroad?

Me? -hoisting boats up and down the beach locally, towing 1500kg of caravan in summer and snowmobile trailer in winter. Not having to spend the night in the car stuck in snow during the trip north. Some pretty rubbish gravel roads that are actually a short cut in the right car.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I purchased the kuga, as it was a choice between Mondeo Estate Titianium V's King Kuga. Chose King Kuga as there is not many around, good looks, and had the space i needed inside for my hobby/sport.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Towing an off-road race car on a trailer into fields... great British weather means many times they are damp... to muddy so the 4wd helps, although it did get stuck on it's first attempt offroad but it was very very deep mud. Also like the added security of 4wd on our damp roads at this time of year. Plus love the driving osition and look of the Kuga on the outside.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Have a 4WD pick up. But it's not the most practical for day to day living. Plus not the most fuel efficient. (Ford Ranger)
Had a focus as well but wouldn't allow this to go down the stable yard where my wife has a horse, so always took the truck.

Traded in the Focus,5 years old 110,000 miles. The KUGA is allowed down the yard so the truck can stay at home. Rubber mats inside and boot protector in the back to deal with the muddy boots.

Will want to clean it when it gets muddy but isn't it meant too get a bit mucky?

Truck will still be used for fishing trips asI go down some pretty rutted country/farmers lanes.

Can't say I brought it for rareity as my wife reported a convoy of Silver, White, Grey, and then our Silver one on the way to work on Tuesday. Welcome to Essex!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wasnt bothered about 4x4 just wanted a change from ford estates (had loads) and liked the look of the Kuga. Also wanted a more upright driving position to help my sciatica. (very bad back etc)
As I use it for work carrying tools etc etc I am alittle dissapointed with the lack of room in the boot compared to the mondeo but life is full of compromise is it not ?

Ian

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Snowman,
In my case it was mainly for towing a caravan. The looks and driving position are also a big factor.
Like a few other of our Kuga brethren I am past the sports car stage and NEED to be able to slide in and out of a car without too much bending of the back. It has exceeded my expectations as a tow car and long may it do so. As others have said we do not get much snow, but the rain makes it difficult to tow out of grassy caravan sites without destroying the well cared for surface.

Regards to you and your countrymen (win-doc)

·
Registered
65 Posts
i plan on providing emergency medical response in mine - awd handy for all weather access. also do medical cover at some muddy field sports events. plan on posting pics of my covertly positioned "blues&twos" when i eventually get round to it! ;)

don't need full 4x4 as wont be doing anything heavy in it. for me, is perfect compromise bewteen capability and fuel economy, seemingly more efficient (and certainly better ground clearance) than an a4 quattro estate... (and reported class-leading economy).

it also looks the absolute DBs and is chock full of gadgetry :D

may want to tow something when (if) i grow up...

yet to take delivery, mind, so it may not be the solution i think it will be!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought mine because I wanted 4x4 and fuel economy, owned a kia sorento in the past, but although capable 4x4 wise, it wasn't brilliant on fuel and style wise looked very dated even new, I live and work in North Yorks moors so need 4x4 in winter to get me home from work! the Kuga ticks all my requirements, had mine a couple of weeks, and so far so good.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Does nearly everthing needed of a car and the Kuga looks great.

For the other things I've got a Scirocco.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts