Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just collected our new Kuga after an almost 3 month wait. Maybe should have done more homework but am a bit stuck with the ipod connection. We didn't go for the bluetooth option and don't have a USB socket only aux. Can we still use our Ipod in the Kuga? The audio leads we've seen are 3 way, Ipod connector, USB and Aux jack, would this still work if we didn't use the USB connector? Bit confused - doesn't take much!! Help would be really appreciated!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Depends on your iPOD version but you will need a lead that charges it from the 12v socket to the dock port as well as a 3.5mm-3.5mm jack plug lead for Audio. The 3.5mm jack plugs into the AUX socket and yiou get Audio.

I think you can get one lead that goes into the dock port and has a 12v charger on the end as well as a 3.5mm jack for the aux port.

Only thing you will not have is the ability to change tracks from the Stereo, although if this is vital you csm look for a Denison product that will cost c.£100.

I just let the iPOD go for a P.A.R.T.Y shuffle and it is fine, don't change the tracks that often.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I know this isn't much use to you guys, but to anyone thinking about buying a new Kuga, I can't recommend the USB option highly enough.

I've now got virtually all of my music collection on 32GB (4 of them) of USB flash drives and it's all at my fingertips in the car now, brilliant! Can't see me ever needing to use the CD or plug in an MP3 player.

Hope this helps any potential buyers out there.

Best regards

TK

PS, picked mine up yesterday, she's beautiful!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I use a 'Kensington' made remote control for the iPOD without a USB connection. A search for 'Kensington ipod' will find it.

There's a small remote switch that matches the black/silver of the cabin and which can sit on the wheel or loose or velco somewhere. Mine's on the centreconsoleagainst the underside of theventilation control housingabove and to the right ofthe gear stick.

This signals the controller which doubles as a charger sitting in the lighter socket. Two thin leads pass into the centre box to the ipod and to the 3.5mm aux jack.

It really does work well and looks good plus I can use it in another vehicle with earphones without having to muck about with the ipod itself. The remote switch has the usual ipod controls on it, menu; play/pause; forward; back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use a Harman Kardon Drive + Play - http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/tour.aspx

The one I have is the version 1 which I picked up for about £20 new - have a look on Ebay or www.bigpockets.co.uk

This one works brilliantly with my Ipod 3G Nano - but with my new iPhone 3GS it doesn't charge the phone, although the audio does still work. Maybe the Version 2 would but thats about £200......

There are other alternatives out there though, IOPlay is one that comes to mind. Have a look at www.ilounge.com for reviews....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I use an iPhone 3G with the aux jack connector and a 12 volt power adaptor. It works really well although as said above you can't control the track selection through the voice command on my Kuga. Just bought a Brodit mount for the iPhone. Not cheap (£40) but does the trick. Incidentally, anyone else tried the new turn by turn sat nav app from Navigon? UK version was £37 on an introductory offer (now about £50) and works a treat. A bargain even at £50 though it does sometimes struggle for GPS in built up areas or under trees. Got me back from Croydon to Manchester OK last night!

·
Registered
61 Posts
yep I use the navigon on my iphone - got fed up waiting for tom tom to be released so took advantage of the introductory price.

Its not bad but some of its route profiles can be a bit strange. Personally for £38 I'm treating it as a stop gap until Tom Tom is release or maybe the Sygic one thats also been announced..... I also want to get the Tom Tom mount but that depends on how much they want to charge for it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts