Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2010 Individual 2.0 Automatic Powershift AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping someone on here can give me a hand, yesterday we took the Kuga out (2010 mk1 2ltr auto AWD), we went to the coast fine and on the way back we felt the car shudder. We had driven about 120 miles so far and still had about 40 to go before we were home.

The car seemed to shudder quite violently when accelerating, almost feeling like to was going to cut out but it didn’t. There were no warning lights, nothing wrong with the tyres or steering, nothing leaking and everything feels fine under the car. When we got home and put it in park, then released the foot brake the car started to rev all by itself. Then it stopped when the brake was pressed again so we just turned it off.

Today when looking around the car properly in the light we noticed the oil seemed to be over full, it was only serviced last month so it should have the correct amount in it.

Has anyone else had this problem or give me any idea what could cause it?

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
High oil level can be a sign that the car has failed a dpf regeneration and has dumped diesel in the sump. I would suggest whoever looks after your car to check the operation of the dpf regeneration system and status of the soot level in the dpf. It is imperative that the oil level is reduced to the correct level. If not the engine will start to consume its own oil and can destroy itself.

·
Registered
Kuga 2010 Individual 2.0 Automatic Powershift AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High oil level can be a sign that the car has failed a dpf regeneration and has dumped diesel in the sump. I would suggest whoever looks after your car to check the operation of the dpf regeneration system and status of the soot level in the dpf. It is imperative that the oil level is reduced to the correct level. If not the engine will start to consume its own oil and can destroy itself.
Thank you for your quick reply. I didn’t think about the dpf filter but after doing some research and what you said it could be the reason for the high oil level. I’ll mention it to the mechanic, he’s the one who serviced it too.

I’m just hoping it’s not going to be too expensive to fix!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
As you have no warning lights on I would have thought it not be too serious. Ask your mechanic to check the vapouriser because if it's faulty it could be putting diesel in the sump.

Don't forget to post back when it's sorted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts