Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well they are dedicated to their car......

Its funny, it doesn't matter what car you buy or what car forum you join, the same behaviours and rose tinted glasses come with the package.

Personally I'm very happy with my Kuga but I'm not dellusional.... I would buy a Q7 in a heart beat if I could afford one....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did you see the you tube clip?

Kuga came last in the hill test out of the qashqi, tiguan and koleos. Well the first 2 made it all the way up the hill and but the kuga didnt even make ita 1/4 of the way up.Even the renault got further! But dont know what engines were in the other cars as its in french? so might of been a disadvantage there???

But as for looks, there is no comparison. Kuga is the best of them all!

Andas mentioned above, would def go and get me a X6 or Q7 if funds werent an issue!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Each to their own, but the Qashqai is a car for old people. Its got poor slow underpowered engines (1.6 petrol and 1.5 diesel for christ's sake!), comes with 2 wheel drive on most of the cars and looks flat.

I'm biased of course, but as I'm not retired, the Nissan wasn't an option.

Now if someone offered me a Q7, Touareg or Range Rover Sport thats another matter entirely............

·
Registered
38 Posts
I actually drove a crapqai before purchasing my Kuga... no comparison the Kuga actually goes round corners without wanting to carry straight on through the nearest hedgerow or into oncoming traffic also looks a lot better and there isn't 10million of them on the road yet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
... not yet, but I have a feeling that is soon to change!?

I agree... for looks the Qashqai isnt in the same league. For that reason alone, I didnt look into it any further!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I work for one of nissans suppliers and as such could get a substantial discount on a new crapqai , but having had experience of nissan ownership I'll never go there again.(unless I want a divorce)
It may actually be a good car, but being good don't mean it's nice.
Edited by: joe90

·
Registered
119 Posts
daisbuys said:
Did you see the you tube clip?

Kuga came last in the hill test out of the qashqi, tiguan and koleos. Well the first 2 made it all the way up the hill and but the kuga didnt even make ita 1/4 of the way up.Even the renault got further! But dont know what engines were in the other cars as its in french? so might of been a disadvantage there???

maybe crapqai had the 148bhp 2l diesel. powerful but thirsty and diirty.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They probably all work for nissan Matt. Seriously though I hope the crapqai continues to sell well as it's keeping me in a job that pays enough to buy a KUGA.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hang on a minute there!
It's only in the UK that Ford is supplying the Kuga in all wheel drive version as the only option.

I'm sure I read somewhere that in Europe you can opt for 2 or all wheel drive versions, so perhaps they used the 2 wheel drive version in the clip?

·
Registered
260 Posts
mondeoman said:
Hang on a minute there!
It's only in the UK that Ford is supplying the Kuga in all wheel drive version as the only option.

I'm sure I read somewhere that in Europe you can opt for 2 or all wheel drive versions, so perhaps they used the 2 wheel drive version in the clip?

Anyone speak french so we know what deratitive they used? LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
Two wheel drive is available in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Ireland</st1:place></st1:country-region> and most of <st1:place>Europe</st1:place>.

Check their web page and configure the Kuga, you will see the two wheel option also on the French and Spanish web page. http://www.ford.ie/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts