Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi as I arrived late to the party (joining KOC) and have yet to enjoy and experience the delights of a Ford Kuga I have just stumbled across a Kuga review by Jeremy Clarkson who wrotethis Times review about 12 months ago now apologies if this has already been raised? (a 100 times) but I have to say I am curious. His article rambles on a bit yes OK just like mine seem to do, the first 20 lengthy paragraphs were about camping? Nice, followed by 7 shortparagraphs about the Kuga, just got the feeling that despite raving on about his Jaguars (which was owned by Ford?) he seems to slate anything with a blue badge (no, no, no, not the disabled) apart from the new Fiesta that is, but I digress as always. In respect of the Kuga's seat comfortwhen describing them he said he had sat on comfier kitchen chairs or even comfier spikes, no I agreeit'snot like Clarkson to sit on the fence when voicing his opinions but I was wondering are they comfortable or are they uncomfortable. Now this is the great thing about Kuga's Owners Club, now don't let me down. Thanks in anticiation.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
The seats in the Kuga aren't as comfy as my 05 plated Mondeo Zetec that I've just replaced but I've sat in far worse seats in other cars. Having been on a couple of long trips with no pitstop breaks I've been pain and ache free at the other end, so no complaints from me.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gazwats thanks for that. I suffer fromoccasionalbacktrouble fromtime to time ( popped a disc year or so now )so when I spotted this article I was understandably struck by panic. Seats are important especially to me, must admit during the five minutes (yes) I was in the Kuga travelling around the dealership carpark it seemed fine however I have to admit like a lot of KOC members, I was smitten. Cheers for that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Absolutely brilliant, difficult to get correct position, seemed to have to move it regularly. But eventually got it right, this was not about comfort, just getting correct position, comfort. NO COMPLAINTS

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news! thanksagain,so I won't have to have drivers seat taken out and a Stressless Chair fitted? Trust Clarkson to chuck a spanner in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have no complaints really, but I feel that the width of the seats has been compromised, to give room for the wide central console/armrest. I only notice that my back does not fit snugly into the "contoured" seatbacks. No I am not big - just 42" chest.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Digger thanksfor the info,see yours is a KugaTitanium, thought there was a little bit more fore and aft lumber seat adjustment? I takeSize 12 shoes and according to my partner everything else is in proportion, I will willingly post a photo of the Kuga when it arrives but trust me I ain't posting a picture of nowt else. Lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
42" chest? Nearly as big as mine!!!!!!

Seriously, its almost predictable that JC would sl*g of the Kuga, it doesn't do 0-60 in 3 seconds does it?

I have the full leather and it is really comfortable, both in winter and summer. I am not sure but I think you can only have the heated seats option with them,useful when I tweaked a back muscle earlier in the year, the warmth was fantastic for easing it while I was driving.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Bob if size is a worry for you
then fear not, I'm a 46" chest, 6ft 1 and also size 12 and as I said above there's been no problems, seat or comfort wise, for me 5 weeks into my Kuga experience.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your comments really appreciate that . . . Yeah it's Friday, mind at ease now and I'm feelin better already. Thanks again. . . . Bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
clarkson is an arse. I've wasted too much time already on him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was going to pass a comment that JC grumbles about the Kuga seats because he's a tall chap on the large size and his love handles most probably get caught on the sides of the seat, but then you all started talking about how big your chest sizes are so i'll just say "I find Winston's Seats really comfy" and hope I haven't offended anyone with my mere 38 inches....(chest).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bob, Had mine for nearely two months no complaints re seats. Had Focus estate for nine years prior and drive them at work and I find the "kUGA" a lot more comfortable.
SB

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure what JC was on about, I'm a lardy bugger and 6ft tall and have nothing but praise for the seats, I actually wonder if they don't give that oooh softly softly cossetting feeling when you initially jump in but the reality is I can do 3 or 4 houir stints up and down the motorway and have no problems, they are really supportive and plenty of room (I don't even think there is a width problem). I do think you sit 'on' the seat and not 'in' it but again the reality is nothing but goodness in 5000 miles of driving to date, and no bad back (when I am in the Kuga, I do the rest of the time... although I did order the heated seats with my dodgy back in mind haha)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts