Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get my ex demo( picked it up on Friday) out ofmy garage this morning. Dead as a Dodo. Nothing. No lights. No sign of life. Called Ford Assist for home start. Charged battery and had to reset all functions but at a loss what had drained battery over night. Not sure if it was something to do with the immobiliser? Advised to visit dealer as soon as poss. Anyone else experienced this?

On a positive note the AA man was fascinated with the Kuga. Said it was a great piece of technology, very impressed ( when it goes ) I still love it though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, mine hasn't had the problem yet, but there was water in the fuse box, condensation from the AC and that could have created a short and drained the battery, Pete24 from Belgium had water in the fuse box too. When I switched the engine off the indicators started and could not be stop, mine is an ex-demo too from May. (I'm in France)

The car is going in the garage tomorow. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Went to put some bits and pieces in our folding camper and left the key in the kuga for about 10 mins. When I got back in I switched on the ignition, put seat belt on, foot on clutch and pressed button....nothing! Tried again and nothing. Got out, locked and unlocked doors, got in and it started first time. It's only happened once in the 3 months I've had the car but will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats interesting because my Kuga wouldn't lock after I parked it in the garage. Wonder if it is something that got out of sequence and disabled the whole mechanism? Thanks for that info.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the same!
Left the keyless entry fob in the car, popped in home, was all of 2 mins. Got in it pressed the clutch & nothing!

After panicing for a few seconds, locked & unlocked it & it was OK.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've not had a car with keyless entry before (but I will when my Kuga arrives!) but it sounds like a security thing? ie if you accidently left the key fob in the car and someone gets in to steal it, they can't unless they lock it and unlock it? They may not know the fob is in the car?

A guy at my local dealer drove off on a test with the demo and came back 2 mins later to say the car stalled. Turned out the dealer had the fob in his top pocket and the car was out of range!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem with the Immobiliser. Every morning battery is dead and the AA say something is draining at 5.5 amps. I therefore only locked the carwith one press on the fob (no immobiliser) and the battery is full in the mornings! Definately the immobiliser...waiting for a fix from Ford.

·
Registered
126 Posts
championkuga said:
Thats interesting because my Kuga wouldn't lock after I parked it in the garage. Wonder if it is something that got out of sequence and disabled the whole mechanism? Thanks for that info.

I've had that problem a few times and I have just found it's the boot not being closed completely causing the problem. Its look like it's shut and you can't pull it open, but when you look closely you can see it's not all the way home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Kuga has just come out of the dealers for the 5th time. Eventually 2 Mod units have been replaced and eventually my bag warning lights have gone out. However whilst refitting the centre console they forgot to reconnect my parking sensors and managed to scratch the centre console. Looks like another day in the garage and another day without my Kuga.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts