Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have just recently got my V5 back for my new to me titanium X and the the Model is on the V5 described as a Titanium not Titanium X. I have contacted the Sales man at the dealer asking him/ them to supply me with a letter from Ford confirming this Model is a Titanium X so I can foreword this letter to the Dvla to change the Model description. He has emailed me saying the V5 is correct as the Model is a Titanium and the Trim level is X so what would a letter from Ford do. I have basically replied I disagree. So before I go above his head and make a nuisance of myself I better double check my facts.
Please can any other Titanium X owners please let me know if their V5 does show the Model as a Titanium X . Also my V5 showed the max towing weight at 1900kg I thought it is 2100kg I may be wrong on this I would like to check what other V5s have printed .
as always thanks in advance for your replies Jeffb

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
467 Posts
What does the plate say inside the driver door? It will also show you what your max tow is on the plate, take the top number from the seconds one down. This is mine.

·
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
277 Posts
Hi all, I have just recently got my V5 back for my new to me titanium X and the the Model is on the V5 described as a Titanium not Titanium X. I have contacted the Sales man at the dealer asking him/ them to supply me with a letter from Ford confirming this Model is a Titanium X so I can foreword this letter to the Dvla to change the Model description. He has emailed me saying the V5 is correct as the Model is a Titanium and the Trim level is X so what would a letter from Ford do. I have basically replied I disagree. So before I go above his head and make a nuisance of myself I better double check my facts.
Please can any other Titanium X owners please let me know if their V5 does show the Model as a Titanium X . Also my V5 showed the max towing weight at 1900kg I thought it is 2100kg I may be wrong on this I would like to check what other V5s have printed .
as always thanks in advance for your replies Jeffb
Jeff..... Pm me your reg number I can run it through etis... If you want
Paul

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies, I will check the plate inside the door tomorrow , I have looked on the Ford etis site, on there is does say X pack with in the reams of info for build. It is really the V5 I am more worried about, one reason I have came across, is my insurance, as the insurance company use the dvla for info. Once I got my policy through and realised the insurance co had my car as a titanium I then had to call and change to a tit x which increased the premium slightly but at least I’m not underinsured. In the future when I want to sell the car any company using a web based valuation will under value as dvla info a titanium not a titanium X. I’m sure there are more possible problems this could cause I have not come across yet. I looked on this forum and found a similar problem with ST Not showing the X on the V5 which had been changed by a letter from Ford. Hence my request from the dealer for a letter. I have asked Ford but no reply yet. I would like to be sure I am asking for something that is correct, hence checking if other titanium X owners if their V5 show tit or tit X.
thanks jeffb

·
Registered
133 Posts
Going to be grumpy here but are sure it has the X features and is an X?
Years ago I was knowingly sold a car which had an alternative engine than advertised.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
My Titanium X is clearly listed as such on my V5.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
467 Posts
Here's a comparison of the 2.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi thanks I had a titanium previously definitely an X full leather, opening panoramic roof, hid, etc plus self parking. my concern is the log book thanks for replies. If Any other tit x owners could let me know if on their v5 that would be great, thanks Nigelb and andspenka thanks Jeffb

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi thanks I had a titanium previously definitely an X full leather, opening panoramic roof, hid, etc plus self parking. my concern is the log book thanks for replies. If Any other tit x owners could let me know if on their v5 that would be great, thanks Nigelb and andspenka thanks Jeffb
V5 says Titanium X 4x4 Auto. Sticker on door pillar also says Titanium X.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My V5 says Titanium X 4x4 Auto and the plate says Titanium X:

If your plate is correct and you have all the standard fit items for a Titanium X then you have a Titanium X and the V5 is wrong. Good luck in getting it corrected!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Door pillar says Titanium. No . The spec of the car is definitely X and the ford etis info is X. I have now written to Ford uk? See what happen. The car was clearly marketed as a Titanium X so if push comes to shove I may have to ask for a refund from the Dealer. Not sure which legal title something to do with miss describing goods? I’ll have to look into this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes go for a price reduction.
It might have had some extras added by original purchaser to his order, or added at factory as a sales promotion at no extra cost.
Anyway you got one answer DVLA is correct.
You might get an insurance reduction if you insured as an X.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re the insurance I would probably have to list the extras such as 18” wheels, pano roof leather seats HID lights etc as these are not standard on a Titanium if not I may not be fully insured. I see what Ford have to say? I have tried to check other tit x specs and I’m pretty sure I have a full spec tit x ?

·
Registered
2019 Kuga st line, stealth grey, 2.0 diesel
50 Posts
Mine shows as colour Brown on log book, It's Stealth grey. :oops:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi denboy , I would check how to change the colour on the V5, insurance companies are notorious for wriggling out of claims. it may possibly save a load of aggravation If you have a claim.
I am awaiting Fords reply they have received my email and acknowledge it. Wait and see.
I wonder how many V5 have incorrect information on them, my research shows there are quite a few cars models incorrect across different makes. There are threads on this forum regarding st and st X as well.
thanks all for you input
Jeffb

·
Registered
2019 Ford kuga titanium x 180bhp AWD Ruby red
7 Posts
Mines on v5 as titanium x

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Andy uk uk thanks for I can use this as proof if required with the dealer. Hopefully I’ll get an answer from Ford uk shortly.
thanks
jeffb

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all thanks for your assistance, I now have a letter from Ford uk confirm my Kuga is. Tit X . . I’m am sending the letter off to the DVLA let’s see what they make of it. Fingers crossed.
jeffb

1 - 20 of 23 Posts