Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i'm thinking of buying a kuga but because i havn't seen many on the road i'm not sure if it is becuse its not a good car or is it too expensive for what it appears- a focus with big wheels and tall suspension.i have had 14 focus's(or focii or whatever the plural of focus is) and really want another one but she who must be obeyed has fallen in love with the demo car at our local dealers.so any answers as to is a kuga a good car would be much appreciated

·
Registered
69 Posts
Only done 600 miles in mine so far - but both the wife and I love it. I've owned many different types of car and this is my 2nd Focus derivative - so far it's the most well behaved and pleasant to drive every day - it's not as sharp as a standard Focus to drive, but there's definitely more of a feel-good factor (probably as there aren't that many on the road).

You can load up a Focus Ghia/Titanium to pretty much the same spec for just under 20 grand but there are seem to be some amazing deals going on Titanium spec Kugas and so it's not that much more expensive - and if you were to compare the actual class of car: "Compact 4x4/SUV" - then against a Tiguan, Qashqai/X-Trail, RAV4, CR-V, Grand Vitara, Freelander, X3, Q5 - the Kuga is pretty competitive in price, much more handsome and drives really well! Down points - the boot, rear legroom and cubbie space ain't much to write home about...

Of course, coming to a Kuga fan site, you may get some biased opinions!

Edited by: zetec

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Love it, love it, love it. IAM biased but I didso much research before I bought my Kuga. Although buying a house or a car is your most expensive purchase, it really is gut instinct. You just know when it is right when you try it. Don't be put off by people being sniffy about it being a Ford. I had a lot of that. There is a lot of snobbery about cars out there and itIS a fine car. Agree with Zetec about the boot etc but it all depends on what you want. Cool factor 11/10

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply.i've read a few of the other threads regarding possible problems and there doesn't seem to be that much wrong with the car,and yes i am expecting biased opinions,but why have people bought a kuga over one of the competitors-is it looks,cost,gadgets etc

·
Registered
69 Posts
scarey said:
why have people bought a kuga over one of the competitors-is it looks,cost,gadgets etc
1. Looks better than the competition
2. Drives better than the competition (on-road)
3. Greener than the competition (Taxing it less painful on the wallet)
4. Love the gadgets
5. Always bought Ford since they went 'Edge' in 1998.
6. Economical for the type of car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Scarey

The Kuga really is a great car. It is vey well designed with a lot of thought put to the whole driving experience.I would suggest that you book yorself a test drive to understand what we mean,I reckon that you will fall for the car after just one drive (it really does have that effect!)

The only niggle that I have found is that the armrest lid slams shut. It should close slowly with the aid of a damper.

This really is me being picking andtherefore avery small minus for the Kuga

Kugameister

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
her indoors tested one yesterday and like i said,she fell in love with it.i didn't go coz i was working, but looking at the pictures and the spec sheet it looks like a nice car.my current focus is a zetec 2.0 tdci so i know the engine,its just the shape-is it too in your face or is it a focus in disguise with a few add-ons

·
Registered
130 Posts
In the main I love it. Very well behaved on the road and at the weekend it behaved very well in the ice especially when I had to drive over a grass verge to avoid an accident...

Is it perfect. No but I will forgive it as it is fun to drive, feels 100% safe and is a great tow platform for our Tin Tent.

Niggles;

Badly fitted carpets considering it is a 20k vehicle (Zetec).

Lack of low washer level warning light

pain in the butt to change the bulbs

pain in the butt to get to the fuses.

Overall, I would still buy another one

Have done 12.5k miles. Only seend two on the road while driving (both this past weekend).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deposit put down on the car she tested (black titanium). it must be a good car for her to go on about it all the time so after reading your comments we are going on saturday to pick it up.i had to agree to getting it so next year she has said i can have an rs focus

·
Registered
102 Posts
well done Scarey. Just to add my two penneth, I don't like Fords and haven't owned one since a K reg Ford Sierra. The Kuga brought me back to Ford because it was so much better to drive than the competition and great value for the price. Hope you enjoy yours

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not sure yet. had a drive round the block and it seems ok.like the glass roof and the keyless start.cant collect it til next week now coz shewants parking sensors fitted. a £21k car and they wouldn't haggle on £350 worth of gadget.for some reason i just cant seem to get enthusiastic about this car.am i expecting too much

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Perhaps we've all over hyped it because we are all Kuga fans. I know what you mean about no haggle. I appreciate that Ford dealers have to make a profit but with the market like it is I am amazed that there still seems no room for manoeuvre. What are you reservations?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry its taken so long to reply,been working for three days and just got home.i think i'm so used to my focus and how it does everything i need of a family car can anything better it. mrs scarey cant wait til saturday so by saturday night i'll be on here saying its brilliant or getting divorced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got the car.very pleased.had to do a 200 mile round trip as soon as i got it and it was brilliant.very comfortable,suspension nice and smooth, good vision all round.only thing i'm not keen on is the turning circle,but i'll get used to that.
does anyone know how to turn off the seatbelt warning buzzer

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ha ha!

Knew you'd be addicted as soon as you had a proper run. You see, us women are usually right about these things. Mrs Scarey is obviously a lady of good taste and intelligence. You were right to listen to her. I told my husband that we needed a Kuga too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts