Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

iPod USB fault

6K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  andspenka 
#1 ·
Line in works (so I have music from my iPod music player), but all facilities accessed by the USB (principally downloading play lists to my 2014 Kuga) no longer work. Can anyone tell me, is there a fuse associated with the auxiliary USB port in the glove box, or can anyone suggest another fix?
Thanks so much, in advance.

#3 ·
I don't think there is a specific fuse for USB ports in any car, of any car maker. So it is either a h/w issue (i.e. USB port malfunction, cable pinched or damaged etc) or a s/w issue of either SYNC or -most likely, like Guzzilazz said- an iOS update.

#5 ·
Does the USB provide power ? Maybe there is something wrong with the connector and/or cable between USB port and SYNC. By s/w I meant if there is some option/setting that was altered in either SYNC or phone, and by iOS update I meant if this started happening right after an iOS update....

#6 ·
Mm? I am worried that the USB may not be charging the iPod now? (if that is one of its functions?).
Don't think an IOS update is the issue.
Could it be a problem with the USB port itself or the SYNC software (although given neither have been touched, I don't know how?).

#7 ·
Is the USB port still working, try another device in the port, sat nav etc

#13 ·
Oh, err... You're right - iPod Touch still made but for between £199 and £399 as you say... They use iOS 13, which has given a couple of issues with it's latest update

#14 ·
So, I have replaced the connector cable (between the USB and jack plug and the base of the iPod) with anew one, and still the USB is not found by SYNC and is non-operational. I have also done a Master Reset on SYNC, to no avail. I guess next thing is to try and determine whether the USB plug in the car, actually works? Frustrating problem though, not only because I have no control over the iPod via SYNC. Thanks to everyone for their considerable help though

#16 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions. I have taken much of your advice and perhaps, belatedly, tested the USB plug itself to see if it works (by taking @tezerex advice above-thank you).....and it doesn't. So seems it's a hardware problem and I need to have the USB replaced? Is this possible?

#17 ·
That’s why I suggested trying another device, like a sat nav for instance to see if they powered up

#18 ·
I've mentioned that you should first test the USB port and if there's no power, that it would probably be a problem between port and SYNC ;)
You need to dismantle console and SYNC and check, I think it is available as a stand-alone part

#22 ·
What happens when you plug a USB stick into the USB port - can you access it via the external source option?

#25 ·
You will get a better response if you tell us what model you've got by entering the details into you're signature

#27 ·
“Conans button” bet thats a barbarian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.