Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought new Kuga and have connected my iPod via the 3.5mm jack socket. The car has factory Bluetooth and after some fumbling I managed to get the voice command to interact with the phone. So far so good.

Using the aux input I can listen to music from the iPhone. Good so far...

My question is this... I read in the manual that I can control my iPod (or iPod within the iPhone if you get my drift) using the voice command function. How? What enables the Kuga to "talk" to the iPhone music player. Does the Bluetooth connection somehow magically do this? Sorry if I'm being very thick!

Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
To control the ipod using the voice system you must have the USB system installed. Mine doesn't have the usb on it but through using a 'Kensington' remote control system I'm able to control the ipod through a tiny switch panel mounted anywhere I want to mount it.
Kensington is the manufactuer and dixons sell them though better deals are available off the web. Hope this helps.

regards

PJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
Can any one help am taking delivery of new Kuga Titanium with satnav,usb etc I have just purchased a new Iphone 3gs 32gb and was wondering does anyone know if and how it works in the Kuga

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Bluetooth option and an iPhone 3g and they sync together really well. Radio cd or aux (iPod) vol dips when incoming call. It takes a while to input numbers into kuga but then voice dial works a treat

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I recommend the BRODIT mounting for the iPhone. Not cheap by any means (about £40) but it holds the phone securely and swivels for viewing in landscape format.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts