Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed my phone from the iPhone 8 to the 12. The 8 worked perfectly with SYNC but the 12 doesn’t recognize or see SYNC. Do I have to upgrade SYNC to SYNC 3 to fall in line with the 12? If so, how? If not an upgrade, has anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Just changed my phone from the iPhone 8 to the 12. The 8 worked perfectly with SYNC but the 12 doesn’t recognize or see SYNC. Do I have to upgrade SYNC to SYNC 3 to fall in line with the 12? If so, how? If not an upgrade, has anyone got any ideas?
@andspenka or @balders would be the ones to advise you on and upgrade to sync 3 as they have both done it. The sync 3 screen/apim are quite expensive from the scrap dealers and stealers. You would also need to change the media hub (usb port) and add a GPMS module. Nothing too difficult but you may have to do some programming to get all the functions of sync 2 to work.

One thing that sometimes gets forgotten is the media hub conversion lead where cheapest are from China. Delivery takes about to weeks. This is the right one for the Kuga.

Out of interest what version of sync are you using on sync 2.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,052 Posts
It should make any difference if it’s Sync 2 or 3. I would suggest a master reset, then re-pair the phone.

There is a software update for the Sync 2, to 3.10 but I believe that’s as far as you can go with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@andspenka or @balders would be the ones to advise you on and upgrade to sync 3 as they have both done it. The sync 3 screen/apim are quite expensive from the scrap dealers and stealers. You would also need to change the media hub (usb port) and add a GPMS module. Nothing too difficult but you may have to do some programming to get all the functions of sync 2 to work.

One thing that sometimes gets forgotten is the media hub conversion lead where cheapest are from China. Delivery takes about to weeks. This is the right one for the Kuga.

Out of interest what version of sync are you using on sync 2.
Hi, thank you for the information. As for SYNC, I believe it is SUNC1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It should make any difference if it’s Sync 2 or 3. I would suggest a master reset, then re-pair the phone.

There is a software update for the Sync 2, to 3.10 but I believe that’s as far as you can go with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. I beli believe the version of SYNC is SYNC1. However, I can’t be certain. How do I find out that information?
Stew

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,082 Posts
Shouldn't really make any difference, but it's a good idea to clear any paring first and start from scratch, particularly if Sync is still trying to look for your old phone.

Within the main Sync system settings, there should be a software version screen, that will show your version.

A physical Sync 1 system will look similar to the image below:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Shouldn't really make any difference, but it's a good idea to clear any paring first and start from scratch, particularly if Sync is still trying to look for your old phone.

Within the main Sync system settings, there should be a software version screen, that will show your version.

A physical Sync 1 system will look similar to the image below:

View attachment 5148
Thank you for that information. I’ll delete the old phone first before trying again (and when the missus gets back from shopping lol) do I have to do a reset to delete the old phone?
thanks
Stew

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thank you for that information. I’ll delete the old phone first before trying again (and when the missus gets back from shopping lol) do I have to do a reset to delete the old phone?
thanks
Stew
You should be able to find the phone listed in the Bluetooth (BT) settings somewhere, select it and choose to delete it, similar to below:

Doing a whole system reset is a good idea too, if this doesn't work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
You should be able to find the phone listed in the Bluetooth (BT) settings somewhere, select it and choose to delete it, similar to below:

View attachment 5149

Doing a whole system reset is a good idea too, if this doesn't work.
Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated. Stew
phone listed in the Bluetooth (BT) settings somewhere, select it and choose to delete it, similar to below:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Sorry I missed the 2015 car bit and for some reason assumed you had sync 2.

Believe me, you don't want to try and upgrade sync 1 to either sync2 or 3.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I missed the 2015 car bit and for some reason assumed you had sync 2.

Believe me, you don't want to try and upgrade sync 1 to either sync2 or 3.
Hi,
I’ve read the posts about upgrading to SYNC 2 and I can tell you that’s it’s way beyond my skill set. I’m going to try the delete and refresh suggestion I received earlier.
thanks
Stew

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Hi,
I’ve read the posts about upgrading to SYNC 2 and I can tell you that’s it’s way beyond my skill set. I’m going to try the delete and refresh suggestion I received earlier.
thanks
Stew
Nearly beyond mine too. A lot easier on the Focus. Worst bit I think is cutting the dash internals to get the screen to fit in. It's not plug and play. I was worried about heating pipes behind the dash so was extremely careful with drills and hacksaw blade.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
phone listed in the Bluetooth (BT) settings somewhere, select it and choose to delete it, similar to below:
Any luck? :unsure:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve just changed from iPhone 8 to iPhone 12, deleted old phone and paired up the new one and perfect ..... in fact it’s better than before, if I select ’aux’ it immediately starts playing my phone music tracks 👍🏻

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,
thanks
Stew
Any luck? :unsure:
Booked in for tomorrows job. Got a lot on today. 👍🏼
Shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve just changed from iPhone 8 to iPhone 12, deleted old phone and paired up the new one and perfect ..... in fact it’s better than before, if I select ’aux’ it immediately starts playing my phone music tracks 👍🏻
Thanks Dave, I’ll be trying that tomorrow. 👍🏼
Shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve just changed from iPhone 8 to iPhone 12, deleted old phone and paired up the new one and perfect ..... in fact it’s better than before, if I select ’aux’ it immediately starts playing my phone
music tracks 👍🏻
Hi Dave
That seems to have worked. Only thing now us that mine has stopped playing music immediately like it did before. Now I have to press the voice button and tell Siri to play a playlist or album/artist.
thanks
Stew
Thanks , That seems to have worked. Only thing now is that mine has stopped playing music immediately when I press the Aux button like it did before. Now I have to press the voice button and tell Siri to play a playlist or album/artist. However, I can live with this. One thing you might be interested in knowing; I deleted the old phone, did a reset and the new phone could see SYNC. It paired immediately, but didn’t function fully. I turned off the engine, restarted and things worked!
Thanks for your help 👍🏼

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Let us now how you get on (y)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hi, all sorted out now. Started the engine this morning, pressed the aux button and boom!, music. The phone work, Siri works, music plays and SYNC Is visible on the phone’s Bluetooth list. All done thanks for your help. 👍🏼
Yay, great news!!! (y) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts